Slaying the Titans

"Are you sure this will work Subaru?" Asked Emilia

"Quite frankly, the chances of us winning is close to 50%. Not to mention there's still the fight with The Witch Cult." He answered

"The only thing that raises our chance of winning is the capability of each member." He said looking at the combatants prepare for the battle.

"Then I will join the fight." She said.

Subaru expected this to happen. So he was prepared to make an argument about it. He doesn't want her to join to be honest, it's too risky.

"And before you say something, this is not a request, it is an Order." She said on an authoritative voice.

Subaru couldn't help but be awed at the sight. It was a first he saw her this adamant, determined and confident at the same time.

Seeing as she won't budge he sighed and bowed down to her.

"As you wish, my stubborn dunderhead Lady." He said as he looked up at her with a smile.

"Hmph! You're the dunderhead here for even thinking of not including me in this fight!" She pouted and looked away like a tsundere.

"Have you forgotten Betty I suppose?"

They looked at the source and found Beatrice walking towards them.

"I will never forget my Lovely Beako!~" he said as he stood up and lifted her up.

"Hmph! Stupid Contractor, Betty did a good job so You should give Betty more headpats I suppose!" She demanded Subaru to which he did. Emilia just chuckled at the sight.

Subaru tasked Beatrice along with Rem to evacuate the villagers to the mansion, Rem and Ram are currently overseeing them along with 4 other soldiers from Crusch's side.

"I'm still against it I suppose." Said Beatrice as she held on to him like he's about to disappear.

"Are you reaaaally sure you want to face the Black Serpent alone?" Asked a worries Emilia.

Subaru sighed as he looked at the soldiers and other combatants.

He recalled what had occured since yesterday.
______________________________________
FLASH BACK

A day after the meeting.

All of the one's participating in the fight has gathered in one place.

"Alright, Listen Up! This battle will not just end the While Whale but also The Black Serpent (Gasps and murmur ensued). Now before you ask anything, know this, we won't be facing the Black Serpent but this man will!" She said as she gestured towards Subaru.

"Our focus will solely be on the White whale. Now I know it might sound ridiculous but if there's anyone who wants to test his abilities then step forward." Crusch said

Sure enough someone stepped forward. This one is the captain of the mercenary group called 'White Fang', Ricardo Welkin. A wolf demi-human with a great sword.

"Alright let's see if this brat can even do something." He said as he unsheathed his sword and swung it diagonally as hard as he could.

They were expecting Subaru to be Cleaved in half but what happened made them pinch themselves to check if they're asleep.

The sword stopped merely inches away from his neck. Subaru was holding the blade in a pinching manner. He didn't even budge.

Ricardo has to do a double take to process what happened. The boy he was about to cleave stopped his Great Sword with merely 2 fingers.