Chapter 7: The New Beginning

"ABHDAOEFINAWROIGNAPEIRG" I yawned, but many different sounds came out of my mouth.

"GUYS!! LUNCH IS READY!!" I heard Mimi call. Woah, I had been sleeping till noon? Crazy what fighting a ton of infected can do to you!

I dressed myself, putting on a yellow shirt with a dark green/olive colored jacket over the top of it. Then I slipped on a pair of jeans, and put my favorite black beanie on.

I walked outside my room, and Giraffy was passing by, "Hey, dude! What's up!" He said.

"Nothing much, just surviving I guess.."

"Yeah.. there's a lot of staying inside, surviving, and being bored.."

"True that."

I turned and walked off until Giraffy called my name again, "Hey, Pony!"

I stopped and turned around, facing him, "Yeah?"

"Uhm, well Mimi told me that she thinks you and Zizzy are a thing? Is that true?"

I sighed, and nodded, "Yes, but don't tell the twins, we don't want them to know until we think it's time."

"What about Georgie? He's a kid, too."

"Uhm, well at the outpost where we found the helicopter signal, Zizzy and I, uh," I whispered as I said, "kissed.."

Giraffy gasped and punched my shoulder playfully, "You dirty dog!"

"Hey hey hey! Don't sell yourself short, I know you like Mimi, I've seen how you act around her," I said winking, looking like the "😉" emoji mixed with the "😏" emoji.

"Ok! I like her, just don't tell anyone about it!"

I drew my hand in front of my lips, signifying that I was locking them, "My lips are sealed!" I threw away the key, just for good measure.

"Good," Giraffy said in a serious tone.

We laughed some more as we walked down to the cafeteria, where Mimi had made hot dogs, "Hey, sleepyhead!"

"Hi, Mimi," I replied, knowing she was talking to me.

"Well, would you like any hot dogs?" She asked.

"Sure, with ketchup only, please!"

"Coming right up!!"

Mimi grabbed one of the hot dogs (with her tongs) and placed it in a bun, pouring ketchup all over it. She gave me the paper plate, which was holding the hot dog on top.

I took a bite, "MMMMM! THIS IS DELICIOUS, MIMI!!"

"Haha, thanks, Pony!" Mimi laughed.

I looked over to the not working elevator, and at the table next to it consisted of Ziz, Zee, and Zuzy. I threw my trash away, and I went over to their table, Zuzy giggled.

"Hey, guys," I said.

"Oh, hey, Pony!" Ziz replied, her cheeks a light pink.

Zuzy looked at her twin and smiled, Zee nodded. "Guys! I have an announcement to make!" Zuzy screamed.

The others turned, looking at Zuzy, "SOOOOO, BASICALLY, ZIZZY AND PONY ARE DATING!!"

Mimi looked at Zizzy and I, in shock. Then I signaled for Giraffy to do the same. He opened his mouth like an "O", and gasped.