Chapter 8: A Casual Morning in the Safe Place... Right..?

"Aww! He's adorable when he sleeps."

"Yeah, I'm glad you think that."

I was awakened to the sound of conversation, I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting them to the light. "Oh! He's waking up!"

I saw black and white, and knew it must've been Zizzy talking, "Hey," I said, groggily.

I turned, seeing black and purple, Mimi must've been the other speaker.

"Hey, Pony~" Ziz reached down to me, and hugged my body, still wrapped in the blanket. I hugged her back, and I saw Mimi smile.

Mimi saw me looking at her and blushed from embarrassment, "Oh, I think I'm gonna go make breakfast!" Mimi said nervously.

"Ok, bye, Mimi!" Ziz said, stopping the hug to look at her.

"Bye, Mimi," I stated, as she left the room.

Zizzy and I had a moment of silence until I spoke, "I have a question for you.."

"What is it?"

"Uhm, well, do you think Zee has a crush?" I asked, unaware if she knew about her liking Georgie. Even less knowing that Georgie liked her, too.

"Yeah," she responded immediately, "I know she does."

"Yeah, that's what she told me," I told her, "she said she likes Georgie.."

"Yeah, and did you know Georgie likes her back?!" Ziz exclaimed, "Like, we N E E D to get them together!!"

"Agreed," I said, smiling.

"Well, I'm gonna go so you can get dressed for breakfast, heh heh.." Ziz giggled, and I blushed.

"It's ok, you can stay in here!"

Ziz's eyes got wide, "What? I mean- why?"

"I mean, I don't mind," I said, then quickly added, "a-as long as you d-d-don't mind..!"

"Oh, it's ok!" Zizzy said, rubbing the back of her neck, "I'll just go over here," she walked towards the wall.

"Ziz," I said, "it's ok! I don't mind you looking! I have underwear on!"

"Really? Ok I guess.." She said, turning away from the wall.

I smiled, then reached for my closet, pulling the doors open. I reached for the same outfit from the day before, yellow shirt, olive green jacket, some blue jeans, and my beanie. A thought that someone was watching me ran across my mind as I pulled on my shirt. I looked over at Ziz, who was staring at me, and blushed when she saw me catch her staring. She quickly turned her head, and her black, braided hair flew towards her face, hitting her. I giggled, "Just because you look away doesn't mean I didn't see you~"

"I, uh..." Zizzy turned into a tomato, "I'm sorry.."

I walked towards her, and wrapped my arms around her, embracing her. She did the same, lying her head on my clothed chest. I lifted her head up, our eyes locked. I leaned toward her face, and she leaned towards mine, "I love you, Ziz," I said.

"I love you, too, Pony," she said right before our lips met. We stayed together for a couple minutes, then we broke apart, smiling. I grabbed my jeans, jacket, and beanie that were lying on my bed, threw them on, and grabbed Ziz's hand. Together we walked out the door, hands still interlocked. We went down the stairs, and made it to the cafeteria, where we were welcomed with the smell of pancakes drenched in maple syrup.

"Wow, Mimi! These look great!" Ziz exclaimed.

"Thanks, Ziz!" Mimi and I were the only ones who called her 'Ziz', it's just a name that has stuck with her for as long as I've known her... which is a pretty long time.