Chapter 13: The Refinery

"Well, have you ever been here before?" Player asked me.

"No, I don't know where we are..." I told them.

"Either way we can do this! Let's go save Zizzy!" Player exclaimed. I always loved their enthusiasm, but, the world wasn't like that, nor worked that way.

We walked into the placed that was named either "Settlement 6" or "Settlement 5", looked like a 6 to me, though.

Outside I heard a faint sound, which sounded like a car. "Gas, gas, gas!" *BOOM!*

"What the..?" I looked out the door and saw a red car on fire next to a tree.

Georgie hopped out of the car and ran towards the path to the city, "Georgie..?" I whispered in confusion.

(If you know, you know)

I shook my head, "Whatever! I have to go help Player!"

I went up the stairs, they were strangely steep... anyhow, I found a vent next to Katie, so I stood next to it. I don't even know how she didn't see me, but that didn't matter.

"Pony! I have a carrot! Can you go through that vent and make a distraction?" Player called for.

"Of course! Anything for a carrot!" I responded, taking the carrot out of Player's hands and eating it. Mmmmm! I hopped through the vent, but when only my legs were sticking out, I heard Tigry.

"EMERGENCY MEETING!!" He yelled for about the tenth time today.

"Tigry, we already told you, each player only has one emergency meeting." Player told him.

"Oh, right... carry on!" He responded.

I shrugged and continued through the vent. Almost there, I found a...

Toy car?

"What?" I muttered to myself in confusion. I came out of the vent, and saw Player, who scared me.

"Hey, Pony? Do you know what this battery could be for?" They asked.

"Uhm, actually, I might..." I looked at the toy car and removed the backing, revealing an empty space for a battery. I took it from their hands, and placed it in.

"It fits!" Player exclaimed.

I put the backing back on the underside of the car, then sat it down. It rolled off, distracting Barren, who was guarding a door. I had placed the car just right so it would roll into another room, and just our luck, the door shut on him.

"HELP! KATIE? YOU THERE?" Barren screamed while banging on the door. Wait, does Barren like Katie? I mean he did only say her name... I shook the thought off, right now he was my enemy rather than my friend.

I stayed there I was while Barren kept screaming, and Player went to finish unlocking the room Barren used to be guarding. That HAS to be the room Ziz is in, why else would he be guarding the single room?

I waited there for a couple of minutes, and luckily, Tigry stayed upstairs. I don't know why no one comes for Ziz and I, it's always just Player. Makes no sense, but I guess it also does. I guess Player is the only one actually unlocking things, Ziz and I usually just attack them.

"Pony!! I got the white key!" Player yelled.

They ran to where I was, and unlocked the door. "ZIZ!" I yelled, and she was there.

"PONY!" She ran over to me and hugged me, I had missed her warm body against mine. "I missed you so much!" I heard her sniffling, as if she was crying.

"So did I!" I had to admit, I was, too. We separated, then looked at each other. Not going to lie, she still looked amazing, even have just been kidnapped, and fighting an infected, who was laying on the ground, stunned.

I looked her up and down, then noticed something I hadn't before. "Uhm, Ziz?"

"Yeah?"

"What's that scratch from?" My heart sank as I spoke.

"What scratch- oh..." Her face turned sorrowful.

"No! No! NO! It isn't! I can't be!" I looked at what looked like Poley, one of the officers, infected.

"I-" Ziz started crying, "I-"

I wrapped my arms around her, and she wrapped hers around mine. It would be a while until I'd see her again. "Pony, y-you don't want t-to see me t-t-turn into them, s-so go..."

I looked at her, eyes filling with tears. "No, I can't l-leave you like this!"

"You have to... there's no other option..."

"But-" she covered my mouth so I couldn't speak.

"But, nothing. You have to go.. it hurts me as much as it hurts you!" She sobbed.

I sighed, unfortunately, she was correct. "Y-Y-Yeah.."

I felt her warm tears fall against my shirt, dampening it. I honestly didn't care at the moment, this was the last time I'd get to see Ziz.. maybe forever..

No! Stop thinking that, Pony! Of course you'll see her again!

I let go of her back and to her hands. "I love you, Ziz. I love you more than anything in the entire galaxy.."

"I love you the same, Pony." She pecked my cheek. And to that, I pulled her to my lips. She melted into it, and so did I. She was the best girlfriend ever, and I didn't want to lose her.

"Well," Ziz said as she moved away, "I guess this is goodbye.."

"For now," I added. "No matter what, we're gonna fina something to help you, Ziz!"

"Heh, thanks, Pony.. I love you again."

"Love you, too, my angel."

"Pony, we better get out of here!" Player shook my shoulder.

"Oh, ok..." I turned back to the love of my life, "I have to go, I promise we'll see each other again...."

"Whatever you say, my horse.."

"Bye, Ziz." I hugged her.

"Bye, Pony," she stepped out of the hug and let me go. What was left of my heart might as well have shriveled up and died. There was nothing left but sorrow, but most importantly...

Heartbreak.

___________________________________

Hello, everyone! I hope you're having an amazing day!

I also hope you enjoyed the chapter! To be honest, I was debating on going on the original story route (Zizzy oofing), or my own story route (Zizzy living).

I have to go, but have a great day/night/afternoon!!

-Soph :D