𝑢𝑛𝑒

Crystal Barns                             Atlanta, Georgia                                   11:55 pm

Crystal Barns
  Atlanta, Georgia
11:55 pm

where you from ?
(how you find this story)

                                                       where you from ?                                      (how you find this story)

"Crystalll, hurry up I gotta piss" Ranay whined. "Well I can't control the damn light so wait" Crystal spoke his annoyance present in his voice. Ranay had been nagging Crystal about her bladder problem since they got in the car.

He was beyond annoyed because he repeatedly told her to pee before they left but she didn't now she's rushing him home. She just whined and kept moving around in her seat.

Her unnecessary whining was starting to give Crystal a migraine which he didn't need right now. "Could you please be quiet ?" Ranay gave him a side glance and kept squirming in her seat and whimpering.

"God Nay maybe if you would've just listened to me when I said-" Crystal's words got cut off when he heard a car slow down beside him. He was going to ignore it when red and blue lights started flashing in his rear view mirror.

Crystal's whole mood deemed. He hated cops with a strong passion. Cops have done him wrong his whole life. Starting with deporting his parents, and followed by taking his cousins life. Let him tell it he felt like cops were always out for him and his. They were all dirty in his opinion and using their power in the worse way possible.

So on impulse he kissed his teeth watching the vehicle extra carefully. A cop stepped out the car and approached the car that had stopped at the light beside him. He hummed and grabbed his phone.

Now and days cops are more violent, so if this cop tried anything he was going to get it on camera as a witness for whoever was in the car. He would want somebody to record if it were him.

The light had yet to change so he pressed record and rolled down his window to get audio on the video. "What are you doing ?" He shushed Ranay recording this interaction.

"You one hell of a driver ain't you son?" Crystal heard zooming in on the officer's badge number before zooming back out. The person in the car didn't respond. "Ima need you to step out the car for me." And that's exactly what happened.

The stranger made their way out the car standing over the cop by a few inches. "Damn that nigga tall as fuck." Ranay mumbled long forgotten about her bladder. The man turned around and held his hands behind his back.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to you. If you decide to answer questions without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Do you understand ?" The cop secured the cuffs around the the man's wrists.

"I asked a question." The man kissed his teeth. "Yeah I hear you my nigga." He spoke coldly. "Yo ass lucky as hell I ran outta gas. On my momma yo ass was not catching me. Slow on foot and in a car fat ass nigga." The man laughed at what he was saying to the officer.

"Is that right ?" The officer was now taking down his car information. "Yeah fuck ass nigga." The officer hummed. "Dispatch we have a code 149 on the way in, over." The officer talked into his walky staring the man down.

"Fuck you looking at me like that for ? Fucking dope feen." He bucked at the officer and the officer flinched. "Now why his ass flinching. He the one in cuffs." Ranay shook her head at the officer's scariness. 

The man leaned on his car looking around until his eyes fell upon the salmon pink covered Range Rover Crystal named Piglet. Crystal's window was still down so their eyes connected.

The intense stare the man gave Crystal made him feel things that he hadn't felt in a long time. He then smiled at him and Crystal could've sworn he melted.

A green light lit up the dark road indicating that the light had finally changed. Crystal pried his gaze away from the felon and took his foot off the brake pressing the gas. "You not slick. I seen you and that nigga locking eyes." Ranay mumbled scrolling through her phone.

Crystal rolled his eyes. It wasn't that serious. People look at each other all the time. "So ? I lock eyes with a lot of people. It not anything special or new." Crystal turned into Ranay's complex. "Ian fucking with how you tryna make it seem like I'm making some little into something it ain't." Crystal oftentimes questioned his friend's intelligence.

"Ok Nay. Now go piss. I'm going home." He yawned rubbing his eyes. "Ite ima fuck with chu." They dapped each other up. She got out the car and he made sure she got in the house. When he seen the light cut on he pulled off.

He drove past the long ass light and locked eyes with the felon for the second time in a row. He snapped out of it and drove his normal way home.

Even though Crystal wouldn't admit it. Something about the man enticed him. He didn't know what and he sure didn't want to find out. Or did he ?

Rewriting this shit cs I felt like it