Chapter 10 - in the afterglow

"I'm yours, if you'll have me.."
Luke immediately sat up from the bed and stared cluelessly at Joss. There was a sudden jolt of energy in him. He had totally forgotten about sleep or how exhausted he was.
"Y-yes." He answered, still unsure if it was reality or a dream.
"You don't sound so sure." Joss laughed.
"You can't just say things like that and expect me to be okay." He answered cheerfully but then turned stern. "Joss, are you serious? Because I can wait, really. I swear."
"What? You don't want me?" Joss smirked.
Luke fall on top of Joss and slid his hands under his back, clutching on to his shoulders tightly. "Of course I want you."
Joss wrapped his arms around Luke's back.
"I'm yours now. Do you know what that means?"
"What?" Luke rests his chin on his chest.
"That means, you get to kiss me now. I promise I won't break your jaw if you try."
They both laughed and it echoed all through out the house and even in the garden.
"Joss, I'm so happy.." Luke was slurring his words. He was worn out. His eyes were half hooded as he fights the drowsiness.
"Go to sleep. We'll talk more later." Joss placed a kiss on his forehead and let Luke sleep partially on top of him.

Joss was deep in inspecting the fridge when his mom came in. She was peeling the garden gloves off her hands.
"How is Luke? I gather you both managed to fix things between you two."
"Luke's asleep in my room, mom."
"Good. He ought to. He looks like he needed it."
"Yeah.. He does.." Joss bit his lip, gathering whatever courage he had left in him after this morning's confrontation. "Mom-"
"You don't have to say anything, honey. I completely understand." She smiled at him approvingly. "My boy has all grown up to a man now." She sighed lovingly.
"We didn't mean for this to happen. Luke and I-"
"Oh shush now. You don't have to explain yourself. Not to me or your father. You don't owe the world an explanation. Okay?"
Joss felt his heart swell, touched at his very core. He refrained himself from crying but it still cause him to tear up.
"Okay.."
"Now go see if Luke is comfortable. We'll wake him up in the afternoon. The poor boy needs his rest."

He carefully closed the bedroom door, cautious not to make any sound. The soft creak had caused Luke to stir in the bed but he remained asleep. Joss joined him under the sheets. Luke, sensing his warmth threw his arm around him, grabbing on to Joss by his waist. He softly chuckled at the gesture. He watched Luke sleep, interested if he was dreaming of something, or if he was dreaming of him.

Luke's eyes fluttered as it opens slowly.
"Joss? What time is it?" He yawned.
"It's fifteen minutes past ten. Go back to sleep. I'll wake you up before sun down."
Joss slid next to him and offered his arms as pillow to which Luke was gladly accepted.

There they were, his hands caressing Luke's back as he was nuzzled into his neck, asleep like a baby.
"Babe.." Joss whispered to Luke, he had to say it. He couldn't contain himself and if he can't express how he feels right now he was sure that he would explode.
"Hmm?" Luke groaned.
"Nothing. Sorry." He chuckled, not expecting to hear an answer.

"Babe?"
"Hmm?"
"Wake up. You can sleep some more tonight."
"Hajdksshshj.."
Joss heartily laughed at Luke's gibberish response. As much as he want to let him sleep and sleep, Luke won't have any sleep left for tonight and it'll mess up his body clock.
"Come on. Wake up." Joss grazes his thumb across Luke's cheeks.
"Nooo.." Luke groaned as he tosses and turn.
"Wakey wakey." Joss started tickling him.
"Stop. Joss.. Stop it." He started squirming. "I'm awake. Stop. I'm awake. Okay. Okay." Luke gave in.

The opened window swings back and forth from the wind. The golden sun freely roams inside the room, casting a spotlight in their bed. Joss was leaning on the headboard with Luke's head comfortably laid on his lap.
"What are you thinking?" Joss pats Luke's head, combing through his hair from time to time.
"Nothing. Just- I don't know."
"Tell me."
"I just can't believe that we're here now. If you think about it a few months ago- we- who would have thought we would end up like this." He intertwined his fingers with Joss.
"Do you regret it?"
"Not one bit but I guess I'm just scared too."
"Scared about what?" Joss watched Luke play with their hands.
"What if we don't work out? Do we still go back to being friends? I do a lot of dumb sh*t you know." He sighed. "Sorry.. I ruined the mood.. See? Dumb sh*t."
"I doubt that we'll break up." Joss continued to comb through Luke's hair.
"Why'd you say that?" He stared up at Joss in curiously.
"Well.. We've been friends for how long now? Four.. Five years? And in those years we fought about a lot of things, especially in the first two years."
Luke chuckled remembering all those memories from years ago.
"And we somehow managed to still stay friends. We've always found ways to work things out." Joss added. "I know us being together now isn't any different. Don't you think?"
He stop to think at Joss' question.
"I think you're right."
"And if we can't really work it out we can just.. you know.. punched it out from each other." Joss snickered.
"Babe, don't threaten me with a good time. Don't think I won't take you up on that." Luke laughed at the thought of them sparring because they can't resolve an argument.
"I have to drive home later. How long will you be staying here?"
"I was planning to stay here until next weekend. Do you really have to go? Do you have work scheduled?"
"No. Nothing. I just don't want to overstay my welcome." Luke answered reluctantly.
His brows met from what Luke had said and it took a few good seconds before he understood it.
"They already know."
The statement jolted Luke to sit up.
"How? Your mom? Your dad? Did you tell-"
"No. My mom already knew. And I don't doubt for a second that she'll tell dad about it."
"What did they say?" Luke asked severely alarmed.
Joss could have laughed at his expression.
"They're cool with it. Stop worrying."
Luke puffed a sigh of relief.
"For a second I thought we were in trouble."
Joss opened his arms to Luke, inviting him for a hug to which Luke accepted with a playful grin on his face.
"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"
Luke nodded against his chest. He could feel Joss's beating heart. He could hear Joss breathing deeply. It stirred something inside him.
"I missed you.."
He heard him whisper in a muffled voice.
"I missed you too.."
Slowly the room grew warm, turning hot by the minute.
"We should have done this years ago." Luke uttered. "We wasted so much time."

He held Luke's cheeks. First they stared at each other's eyes, roaming until they found themselves looking at each other's lips.

"Then I guess we better make up for it.." Joss moved closer, sealing the distance between their lips with a kiss.