Chapter 19 - say don't go

His phone beeped repeatedly at the nightstand.

Luke took one glance and refused to check what it is or who it's from. He knew it's from Joss, all 117 messages and 12 missed calls. There was that constant ache in his chest again. He just got home from Paris, everything was still fresh in his mind. It was a good thing Joss didn't chase after he left him in the alley. In all honesty, Luke didn't know what he would do. He was starting to give in even though he didn't want to.

He felt the guilt building up inside at the thought of wanting Joss back. How after all these years he still has that effect on him.

It was foolish to think he could act his way out, not from this one. He supposedly still had a few days left to lounge around in Paris but Luke decided it would be best for him to go back home to Singapore. Joss couldn't possibly follow him.

Or at least that's what he thought.

The jet-lag really drained him. He's now regretting not taking the chance to sleep all the way back or even eat anything on the plane. He ordered some food online and thought to take a bath while he waits for the delivery.

The exhaustion must have taken over Luke when he leaned back in his couch and accidentally fell asleep. His phone buzzed and that was enough to wake him up.

Luke looked out to the skyscrapers outside and noticed the rain was pouring heavily. He undressed and wrapped himself with a robe when his apartment  door rang.

It rang a few more times.

"That was fast." He uttered as he sluggishly made his way to the door not even bothering to check his phone.

He pulled the door open.

"Hi.."

Luke took a step back. The food delivery he was expecting turned out to be none other than Joss, drenched from the rain, with a luggage by his side.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" Joss asked softly, doing his very best not to shiver.

"N-no. How did you know where I live?"

"It's a long story. Can I come in, Luke? It's really cold." Joss rubbed his hands together.

"F*ck no. Go home, Joss." And he slammed the door in his face.

F*ck f*ck f*ck. How did he even know where I live?

He heard a knock followed by Joss calling his name. This caused him to panic even more now. Eventually the knock faded out until Luke couldn't hear anything anymore.

He left.

Luke was surprised when he felt the disappointment and then slowly, he felt the guilt once again. He washed his face and leaned on the sink. Washed his face again and then proceeded to stare out and watch the rain, but his mind was at the door.

He bit his lip and shook his head. Joss was drenched and cold. It was all Luke could think of. Maybe he should have let him in.

I should have. Just for tonight. F*ck.

He shook his head again, sighing this time.

He must have found a hotel by now.

The door rang and Luke leapt from his seat.

"Food delivery for Luke!" He heard from outside.

"Oh.."

Luke felt somewhat disappointed. He opened the door and handed the tip to the delivery man, ready to thank him when the guy pointed at the side of his door.