Chapter 6: An Open Door

Luna was practically dragging Hermione onto the express. "We need to hurry, Hermione. He's vulnerable at the moment."

"So will you be..."

"...but I've got you to watch over me."

"Not until the train is underway, Luna. We need to wait until it has at least left the station, it's just too dangerous otherwise."

Luna relented and they found an empty carriage. Ron followed them in, determined to hear this explanation.

The train was barely moving when Luna stretched out on the bench seat, her head resting in Hermione's lap as the blonde then closed her eyes. Hermione ran her fingers through that blonde hair while speaking to Ron.

"It will just be you and me for a while, Luna isn't with us at the moment…"

"Hermione, saying Luna isn't all there is hardly shocking news…"

"That's not what I said, Ron…"

Their argument was ended before it could begin by Ginny entering the carriage, her wand already in her hand. "We have unfinished business, Granger. What have you done to Luna?"

Ron stood to intercept his sister before a fight started, Hermione used that distraction to fire a stunner past him. She caught Ginny's now stunned body with a levicorpous spell and was moving her over to the opposite seat when Ron exploded.

"What do you think you're doing? That's my sister…"

"I know she's your sister, she's also the only person I know with a temper worse than yours. I told you Luna's not here, that means I have to protect her. There's no way I was allowing Ginny to start firing spells off in this compartment while Luna can't defend herself. Make it look as if Ginny's sleeping and then I'll tell you what's happening here."

Placing Ginny in the window corner of the seat across from Hermione and arranging his sister as if she'd just fallen asleep, Ron then quickly turned his attention back onto Hermione. "Okay now talk, and I'd better like what I hear."

"When I said Luna wasn't with us at the moment, I meant she was elsewhere. Luna can leave her body and rove, she's heading for Azkaban to see what the ministry's reaction is to that article in the Quibbler - and of course to contact Harry."

"You do know how insane that sounds, don't you?"

"Ron, I didn't believe it at first either but Luna was able to tell me things only Harry would know. I would be prepared to swear on my magic that Luna's heading toward Azkaban to help Harry. I can't and won't allow anything or anyone to interfere with that, even if their last name is Weasley."

"You really believe Luna that strongly?"

"I've spent each of the last few nights watching over Luna's body while she heads for Azkaban. She's helping Harry immensely as he fights the effects of the dementors, it also helps me knowing how he's coping. How do you think we've managed all of this?"

Hermione was holding back from telling Ron that Harry could rove too. At the moment they weren't trusting anyone with that news.

Ron could see he wasn't getting told the full story but again reckoned he couldn't betray what he didn't know. He also didn't think Luna was anywhere near smart enough to fool Hermione, few were.