Chapter 16: Making Moves

After spending some time with Abi during lunch, the trio then had the opportunity to sit and talk with anyone who didn't have classes that afternoon. Their names being added late to the exam schedule meant all three of them were at the end of the practical timetable. Susan, being a Bones was one of the first. A kiss for luck from Ron saw her set off to keep her exam appointment. That same Ron now began teasing Hermione, partly to keep his mind off his own pending exam.

"This just proves you're not the Hermione Granger I know. What happened to going through the exam paper question by question? Where is the worrying that you might have gotten a tiny part of a question wrong? Why aren't you dragging us away for some last minute practice for our practical charms exam?"

That Hermione was actually smiling at his comments told Ron he was now dealing with a totally different witch.

"That day in Diagon Alley changed all of us. What's important to me now is these two, my family and my friends. If I get ninety eight percent instead of a hundred, all those I just mentioned will still love me. I've done all the preparation work I can and certainly expect to get an Outstanding on my exam, Luna or Harry beating me though I can now handle."

"Of course, your sharing thingy - that must be really handy for exams..."

"Ron, I'm still not kissing you. What would Susan think?"

"Too true, Harry mate, and why would you want to kiss icky Ronniekins..."

"...especially when you have these two beautiful ladies at your side."

"It also came to our attention that the beautiful blonde here mentioned living with a certain two individuals..."

"...individuals Gred and I would really love to meet."

Knowing that information would soon reach the twins' ears, the trio had expected this. "Nice to see you pair again too. Behave yourselves and we just might arrange that meeting, both will certainly be at Hermione and my wedding in September. Believe it or not, we were actually thinking of inviting you two."

"Harry marrying his sweetheart, gets me right here..."

"...and we get to meet two marauders."

"You were actually thinking of inviting us?"

"...and we get to meet two marauders?"

"I don't know, Harry. Can we trust these two not to prank our wedding?"

This had Luna laughing. "You think they're gonna beat Padfoot and Moony to that?"

"Mum will make sure those two big kids don't try anything..."

"...Winky and Dobby will also ensure our day goes off as planned. Who would want to cross those two?" Harry's point was well made, causing both girls to smile. Their devoted elves would soon take care of any trouble.

Again it was a smiling and totally relaxed Ron who headed off to keep his exam appointment as the trio batted banter to and fro with his twin brothers. His friends might have changed a lot but they were still his best friends, that was more than enough for Ron.

Each of the trio aced their practical exam. There was also no way the examiners were letting them go before seeing the three most famous patronuses in the country. All the examiners were amazed as Prongs, Harry the Otter and Snorky had actually gotten stronger since that fateful day in Diagon Alley. All three teens were now almost a year older, and had also grown much closer. The trio didn't have to dig too deep for a happy memory to power their patronus charms, just thinking about the other two was usually enough.