Chapter 9: Searching for Justice

Lord Voldemort watched with a wicked smile as the first rays of the rising sun encountered Azkaban's impressive black walls, an Azkaban that was now under his command. While he was disappointed with the results of the earlier raids, there hadn't been anyone murdered and that useless Wormtail was missing, those raids had still served their purpose. The Ministry's aurors were all busy chasing shadows while his real plan now took place unhindered and unopposed.

The dementors had turned on the guards at his command, leaving only the governor alive - providing he immediately pulled down the wards. The island was now only protected by muggle repelling wards, those were attached to buoys anchored around the island - and of no consequence to the dark lord. The governor lying prostrate before Lord Voldemort was though, here would be one more confirmation of the extraordinary situation they found themselves in.

"I will ask you one question, your answer will decide whether you live or die this morning. Was Harry Potter kissed while in your care?"

It took the terrified wizard three attempts to utter 'yes'

The dark lord's wand emitted a spell that lifted the wizard up in the air and stuck him to his own prison wall, about twenty feet above the ground. When the ministry discovered what had happened here, their prison governor would still be hanging there to greet them when the rescue party arrived. After entering the prison proper, his death eaters spread throughout the building to make the inmates an offer they couldn't refuse - join our ranks or die.

Lord Voldemort headed to the secure wing, ready to release his most faithful followers. As the cell doors were opened and his imprisoned death eaters once more knelt before their master, the dark lord noticed one prisoner who hung back.

"Bella my dear, is this the witch who rid us of the Potter brat?"

"Yes, my master. She used the torture curse on him until he could scream no more, then she left the cell door open for the dementors. Bones herself locked her in that cell, the same one Potter was being held in."

The dark lord then focused his attention on the clearly frightened witch. "You have done Lord Voldemort a great service, come forward and receive your reward. Not only will you be allowed to live, I will grant you the honour of wearing my mark. You shall become one of my servants as we rid our world of those who would pollute our culture with their dirty blood and new ways."

Dolores had hoped Cornelius would rush to her rescue but something that bitch Bones said struck a chord. The Minister of Magic would shovel as much of the shit as possible onto her in a desperate attempt to save his own arse. This was the only offer Dolores was going to get, and a refusal would surely be a death sentence. She tried to muster as much courage as she could while Dolores walked toward the dark lord. Bellatrix Lestrange growled at her to kneel, something Dolores was glad to do as her legs were about to give way any second.

"I normally demand my servants show that they are worthy before they earn my mark, and join the ranks of my death eaters. In disposing of Potter, with my most faithful followers as witnesses, I deem you to have already proven your worth."

Bellatrix then ripped her sleeve before Dolores' new master's wand made her arm burn with a pain way more excruciating than any other she had experienced before - it seemed to reach into her very soul. Her screams rang throughout the prison, and appeared to delight those who watched their master work. Panting for breath, Dolores now looked at her arm in fascination as the snake continually moved around the skull - Dolores Umbridge was now a marked death eater and answered to a new master.