Chapter One - Home Invasion

"Fisher, Fisher boy, wake up!"

Fisher, a small gray tortoiseshell  tom, opened his eyes, blinking away the blurriness, and stood up from his bed. His housefolk, a tall one with hair on it's face and head, was patting the couch where it sat. Fisher stretched, relaxing his muscles before he padded over. He jumped up on the couch and into his housefolks lap.

"Good boy, Fisher." The housefolk purred.

Fisher let him stroke his back for a few moments, before jumping back down. He padded away into the kitchen and into a slowly fading sunny spot on the floor.

"This is nice..." He purred to himself. He settled down and closed his eyes, letting the sun soak into his fur.

Fisher opened his eyes. He must have dozed off, because it was Night, and the floor was now cold. He perked his ears, and looked around. The kitchen was dark and gloomy. He let out a small mew, and listened as it echoed in the empty room.

"Creepy..." He shivered, and padded through the kitchen entrance and into the living room. He climbed on to the couch, and kneaded it until he felt it soften. Laying down, he stared out into the dark. He watched through the window, and spotted a slight movement.

"Shut up! They will hear you, stupid!"

Fisher tilted his head. He jumped down and climbed on to the window sill. A lean housefolk was standing at the door of the house. He was flanked by a shorter housefolk which was holding a large bag.

Fisher suspisiously let out a low yowl.

"Shhhh!" The lean housefolk snarled to his companion.

"Wasnt me though!"

Fisher listened to them babble, before padding to the door and peeking through the cat -flap, which his housefolk conveniently forgot to close for the night. The short housefolk let out a yelp and pointed to Fisher, speaking in housefolk language that Fisher had not yet understood.

"A cat!" Growled the short one. It leaned down, reaching for Fisher. Before it could snatch him, he darted backwards, lashed out at the hand, and left the housefolk groping the air where he had just been. He heard it yelp and pull it's hand back.

"Dumb housefolk.. " Fisher meowed, rolling his eyes. He quickly padded through the living room, hallways, and into the room that held his housefolk. He let out a piteous wail, which immediately  woke him up.

"Fisher? What's wrong boy?" The housefolk asked, reaching down to him.

Fisher jerked his head towards the hallway,and padded out. Turning to see his housefolk following, he padded into the living room and sat by the door. His housefolk stopped when it spotted the others outside and let out a gasp. He ran past Fisher and into the kitchen. When he came back, he was holding one of the sharp objects that he used to cut his own food.

"Get out! " His housefolk hollered to the door. The rustling stopped, and Fisher heard a sharp crack, before the door burst open and the housefolk dashed inside. The lean one leaped on to Fishers housefolk and the short one shuffled over to Fisher. before he could move, the housefolk grabbed his scruff and shoved him under his arm. Fisher flailed his paws, clawing at it. The housefolk let out an angry yelp, and dropped Fisher.

"Arghhh!" Fisher heard his housefolk let out a low moan, and he picked up the sharp tang of blood. When he hesitated, the short housefolk dashed over and tackled Fisher. He let out a wail and he was shoved into a dark bag.