Chapter 2- Lost

Fisher woke up to a loud thump. He jerked up his head, and found himself in a small wired cage.
"Well, hi! You're finally up!"
Fisher whipped his head around, to a small orange tabby she-cat. "H-hello..." Fisher meowed uncertainly.
"My name's Ember." The orange tabby meowed cheerfully. "Sorry you're in a cage. It's because you're a stranger."
Fisher looked around. "I don't know who you are... Where are we?"
"In my housefolk's nest, of course. And they brought you in yesterday. They found you next to the road. You were laying passed out in the ditch." Ember tilted her head. "Plus you have a ton of cuts and bruises. What happened?"
Fisher shook his head. "I don't know. I just remember my housefolk... some others came into our nest and I think they took him!"
Ember's eyes grew wide with shock. "Took them? Where?"
Fisher let out a snort of annoyance. "Well, how should I know?" He asked.
Ember ignored his coldness, and instead let out a yowl.
"What are you doing?" Fisher asked in dismay.
"Getting my housefolk." Ember answered.
As she spoke, her housefolk, which had light hair on its head, rushed in. It lowered itself, and peered though the wired cage. It let out a small purr of happiness as it noticed Fisher was awake.
"Can I come out?" Fisher asked Ember, as the housefolk studied him.
"Well, it's up to my housefolk. Are you hurting?" Ember asked.
"Sort of.. my hind leg hurts, but I want out. He stepped closer to the door of the cage and stuck his nose out.
The housefolk let out a small happy purr, and stuck it's finger through the holes of the wires, and pet Fisher's head.
"Aww, my housefolk like you! Maybe if you purr to show her you're okay?" Ember suggested, her green eyes sparkling.
"O-okay." Fisher let out a soft mew, and began purring, brushing against the scratchy wires.
The housefolk granted him with opening the door happily.
Fisher delicately stepped out, wincing as his hind paw touched the cold floor.
"You okay?" Ember asked anxiously.
Fisher nodded, and padded out. He sat on the cold floor, and began licking his hind paw with soft strokes.
The housefolk sat a few mouselengths away, and watched him with awe.
 "Well, what are you going to do?" Ember wondered out loud. "You could live here, I'm sure."
Fisher shook his head. "I have to find my housefolk." He insisted.
"Well you have to stay here until your paw heals." Ember reasoned.
 "True." Fisher sighed.
"You know, I never caught your name." Ember meowed, whiskers twitching.
"My name is Fisher."