Chapter 4 - Daily life part 2 (Stand up)

Chihiro saw Rantaro lift his hand up towards Hiyoko, seemingly trying to take her out. Something inside Chihiro began to cause his body to start rushing towards them at full sprint, and before he knew it, he formed a fist and hit Rantaro square in the cheek, causing him to fall. 

"What...the hell.............was that for?"

Rantaro wiped away some blood that formed at his mouth

"I won't let you hurt my friend, Rantaro"

"Friend? Would a friend try to get you all killed to save one person? That person also being a murderer?"

"Look, she definitely screwed up. I know that for sure. But Hiyoko clearly ants to make up for her mistakes, so we should give her a second chance. She did what she did to try to protect her friend. She wanted to do it before Mahiru killed, so she wouldn't be punished...............she was selfless, because she didn't know Mahiru had the plus one motive.....................I'm giving her a second chance........you should too"

Chihiro's words echoed throughout the cafeteria. All eyes on him. After his speech, Rantaro got up silently, and walked away. Sayaka and Ryoma all looked down, knowing they should have been more open minded, while Nagito continued looking at him with that ominous blank stare of his. Taka, Ibuki, and Tenko looked at him with proud smiles, while Hiyoko, who was silent, kneeled down and started sobbing. This prompted everyone besides Ryoma to hug her. Eventually, Taka pulled Ryoma in, and he begrudgingly complied and hugged her as well.

"Why..........................why are you defending me? I did such horrible things?  tried to get you all killed!"

"Because we know you're a good person at heart.............so we are giving you a second chance, Hiyoko..................I was able to let all those insults roll off my back because I know you didn't mean them"

"Hiyoko, for once, gave him a smile"

For the next few days, Taka and Hiyoko joined Tenko and Chihiro on their daily workout routines, attempting to get Hiyoko to get along with everyone better. Things were gong fine until Monokuma summoned them to the gym

"ahem! I bet you're all wondering why I gathered you all here, today!"

Rantaro, who stood farther away from everyone, spoke up yet again

"Not really. You want to give us our next motive, correct?"

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. you ruined my surprise!"

"Just go on with it, bear"

"Fine then! If you are gonna be so rude, I'll just let you all figure out what the motive is as I activate it!"

Taka looked rather concerned

"Activate?"

Monokuma snapped his rather stumpy claws, causing a light to flash around the room. Chihiro tried shielding the light from his eyes, but in vain, as the light began enveloping him.

After the light disappeared, Chihiro opened his eyes

"Is everyone alright?"

He heard the voice of Taka calling out to him

"Yes! I am okay! How about everyone else?"

"I'm doing fine. What was that light fo-"

As Chihiro was wiping his eyes, he notices that he was wearing something different. instead of long sleeves of green, he wore sleeves that went to his elbows that bore a deep blue. Ribbons and bracelets were being worn on his wrists. He also noticed that instead of his regular brown shoes and knee-high socks, he wore dark blue shoes and grey jeans. As he spoke, he realized he has a much deeper, more masculine voice.