ONE : BULLS

sadie

"good morning my little sunshine!" mama said after she knocked the door.

i had been watching my favorite tv show for quite some time now on my laptop. it's been a habit of mine that i need to get rid off. i hate the fact that i could be working right now, but i'm sitting here on my bed watching netflix.

"good morning mama bear." i answered with a smile.

mama gave me a beautifully made fruit bowl, "i hope you love this honey." she said.

"ooo yum! thank you."

"of course honey." she said, while walking over to open up my drapes. "papa and i are going to play tennis at the club and then we're going to get some cocktails and some lunch later on" she informed me.

"okay" i said with a mouth full of strawberries.

"now i know you're probably so busy with work, but we'd love for you to join us. it's been a while since all three of us took some time out of our day to be together." she walked to the door.

"i'll try and do that mama, but i can't promise you anything. i haven't been on my game lately and i need to get back on track, i'll let you know though." i slightly pouted, feeling guilt.

"okay, that's fine." mama sounded a little disappointed. "have a great day, yeah?"

"yeah, you too."

☆☆☆

"ms. astor, mrs. jones is ready for your fitting." alfred, my butler and head of staff informed me.

"she may come in." i smiled, closing my laptop and walking out my bed, watching the maids bring in the racks of clothing into my room.

"sadie! honey you're glowing! i bet there's a special someone in your life huh?" mrs. jones cupped both my cheeks with her hands.

i in fact am the loneliest person i know. so no, i do not have a "special someone" in my life. i was just glowing because i have been relaxing and doing nothing for the past few days.

"alright, let's get started! i have some brilliant pieces for you, i'm in love with every single one of them."

mrs. jones is my main stylist, she's responsible for my "look" ever since i was ten years old. i was the most fashionable girl in the school and everyone was jealous of me.

i always have to look at least presentable, even on my worst days. all eyes were on me and my wealthy family. people envied us. people envied me.

i spent the next thirty minutes trying on different outfits, picking and choosing my favorites. ended up keeping five outfits, all of them were blazers that had matching skirts. i have to look professional so people can take me seriously as a young women who works at such high of a company, but still fashionable.

i need papa to take me seriously. i have to make him proud, i can't disappoint him. he expects so much from me, after all i'm his only daughter, and he's the ceo and co-founder of one of the biggest companies in the world.

i was expected to takeover his territory wether i liked it or not. papa was just waiting for the right time. meanwhile he waited, he would test me, watch me, check my work quality, i always had to keep a look out for him.

i love him but he can get a little too much sometimes.

i added the finishing touches to my make up and hair before alfred knocked on my door to tell me the chauffeur was ready for me. i grabbed my phone, placed it in my purse and walked downstairs to the foyer.