SIXTY - TWO: my love

billie

"you quit." emi, indra and liam were all waiting for me by my desk.

"i did." put all the sweets i made the day before on my desk.

"we told you to wait one more day." liam said.

"you say one more word and i will staple your lips together." i threatened him.

"what did i do?" he asked, i didn't respond.

"eliza said she called you and you hung up the phone on her face. she wants to apologize." emi said.

"i don't want her apology."

"billie why not? she's back to your eliza." emi said.

"we all know she's not." indra realized.

"the damage has been done." i commented.

"she's leaving and we can't do anything about it." indra said. and that's went the most genius idea came to me. i immediately called violet after entering the bathroom for some privacy.

"you're going to hate it." was how she responded to me.

"what?" my face fell.

"you are going to hate owning the place, you love animation. you love your tablet, your apple pencil and your creativity. i am not going to let you make a mistake like that on my watch, billie this is a horrible idea." she explained. "but if you really don't want to leave that environment, leave it to me okay? i'll see you soon at work."

"at work?"

"yeah." she said before hanging up the phone, leaving me confused.

not twenty minutes later violet was at my office door, "this place hasn't changed a bit." she commented.

"why would it change, it works perfectly fine for everyone." i got up to give her a kiss.

"what are you doing here?" liam asked.

"is that who i think it is!" indra said when she saw violet. "i love your high heeled boots." she complemented.

"hello indra, you look well." violet said. "i have a meeting to attend to, i'll meet you in about an hour. i called another meeting for then, in this department." she told me.

"okay, love you."

"love you more than you'll ever know." she kissed my forehead before walking away.

"when did she get here?" indra asked.

"three in the morning." i answered.

"of course she did." indra nodded. "i guess i'll see you in an hour." she shrugged.

"yup" i nodded.

"what are you planing?" liam asked, i continued the silent treatment. two minutes later he figured it out, "you overheard me yesterday on the phone."

"i honestly may have mistaken you for conan the detective for a second there." i continued doing my work.

he was silent for a couple other minutes before he said, "i was never going to do anything about it, i respect you and violet's relationship very much."

"i know and you should know that i am not attracted to people like you." i told him.

"okay."

"i knew you liked me."

"then why are you mad all of a sudden?" he asked.

"because i was in a bad mood, don't push me. i'll get over it soon." i told him.