THIRTY - ONE: work

violet

"ma'am! excuse me ma'am!" i stopped a random women walking on the side walk. "may i use your phone for a minute?"

"i don't know about that." she shook her head.

"oh come on, i'll give you my phone and i'll take yours. i'll make a call and i'll give it back to you." i slipped out my phone from my pocket.

"make it quick please." she sighed as she unlocked her phone.

"thank you so much." i said. "i'll just step back a bit, i promise i'm not going anywhere, you can see me right here." my voice got higher as the distance between the both of us grew larger.

"hello?" the most annoying voice i've ever allowed my ears to hear spoke. "uh.. hello?"

"you!" i grabbed a random young girl from the street after i hung up on the line. "i'll pay you ten bucks if you moan my name into the phone."

"make it twenty." she said.

"ten or I'm finding someone else."

"your name is?"

"sadie, make it sound like i'm killing you." i called again.

"whoever this fool is i am waiting on a very important ca—." she said, but was interrupted.

"ohh yes right there.. yes! sadie oh sadie i'm gonna— fuck yes! yes! don't stop please! ohh... fuck! oh my god... oh my good sadie!"

"sadie?" celine called out. "sadie are you there?"

"no sadie i can't take anymore— please." the girl moaned even more.

"sadie! come back! your dad is making a whole fuss about you fleaing an—" i hung up on her face. i gave the girl fifteen bucks and gave the random women her phone back after blocking celine's number. i found out she had moved on with another girl, thought i'd have a little fun at the start of my day.

everything is back to normal now after a couple hectic weeks, whatever normal is. aaliyah and i never brought up that day, billie is doing really good as well. she's starting the first day of her new job today, like i promised i'm picking her up later. i have to get myself a car cause this isn't a life, i can't just keep calling ubers three times a day, everyday.

billie is at work right now and i have my fingers crossed for her, not that she needs it, i know she's got this. she is the sweetest most loveable person to ever exist, you can't not like her. i don't know why she insisted that there was a chance they wouldn't like her.

"welcome to pulchritudindous! i'll be right with you!" aaliyah yelled.

"it's me!" i yelled back.

"ahh, look who decided to finally work!" she said as soon as she saw me.

"sorry." i truly apologized.

"uh huh." she nodded.

"i really am, you know how hectic it's been for me lately. promise this won't happen again." i widened my eyes at her being skeptical with my sincerity.