THIRTY - TWO: car jinx

billie

"billie, promise me you won't go over the speed limit. not even a little bit, you're gonna drive exactly the speed limit. and why did you have to get the car out only a month after major surgery?" mom worried.

"i promise i won't go over the speed limit and i had to get the car because i started work. i can't keep calling an uber or making one of you guys drive me every single day. i'll be fine, statistically it's unlikely for me to get into another car crash, sprain my leg and get brain surgery again." i held her hand.

"be responsible on the road." dad warned.

"dad i got my license five years ago, we had this talk a long time ago." i shook my head. "alright i gotta go, love you."

"love you too honey." mom backed away and waved a little. "call me when you get there, please!"

"i will!" i yelled before driving off.

and for the first time in a long while i think i finally felt free. alone, like good alone, not lonely alone. i thought getting my car back would jinx out me and violet, i don't know how i convinced myself that that would happen. it's just that the day the car was put in for repairs was the day i met v, so my delusional ass made that connection.

i unfortunately wasn't able to open the window and drive through the highway, letting my hair free and my thoughts scatter falling onto the road. i am still trying to maintain a good reputation at the company and to eliza elly. especially to her. i can't have my hair looking like a mess.

"o'connell! you never fail to surprise huh? first i find out you're dating a hot fem and now you have a sexy car too? are you a criminal on the low or what? cause i'm confused." liam had arrived to work too, just closed his car door.

"the car was a gift and don't talk about my girlfriend like that." i got out of the car, and locked it.

"girlfriend? i thought things weren't official with you two." we walked into the building.

"what does that have to do with you? it's gonna happen sooner or later and it's weird just saying 'the girl i am talking to', not that it's any of your business." i rolled my eyes.

"does she spit venom? cause i'm pretty sure she will kill me the moment she finds it appropriate." he opened the door for me then followed behind.

"she like that with everyone don't take it personally, for her anytime is the appropriate time." i chuckled.

"if you say so." he shrugged. "alright i'm gonna see if adler needs anything."

☆☆☆

"did you drive here?" violet knocked on the door frame that lead to liam and i's desks, beyond our desks were our bosses offices. "didn't i tell you i don't want you driving?"

"violet, i'm all healed. the doctor gave me the go ahead and everything, you don't have to worry." i let her know.

"i am going to worry when you don't tell me that you got your car back and i find out by finding it in the employee parking lot." she approached me. "are you at least driving safely? seat belt and everything?" she cupped my face.

"yeah." i breathed out, looking at her lips.

"oh what the fuck billie! this is a professional environment. you can't be doing this here." liam waved with his hands.

"oh zip it wanker, you're not kidding anyone in this building. even i know know you get a hard on by just looking at that black haired, short shirt, lots of cleavage strawberry creamy girl and you masturbate in the restrooms." violet glanced back at him then led her focus back to me. "missed you." she whispered before stealing my sense of being with a single kiss.