This is one Mezzy love

Gelsenkirchen. Home, in other words. Having lived there from the day I was born, to the day I left 6 years ago. I had left Germany 6 years ago all because I'd gotten a job at a top magazine all the over in London. Leaving my closest friends all behind me. Now, those 6 years later, I'm back!

And you would've thought that from spending 18 years living in this town, that I'd remember where everything was. But I didn't!

"Excuse me? I'm looking for this hotel." I said to a random stranger. And yes, I was speaking English. After 6 years of not speaking a word of German, my German was now shaky, and so I did not feel comfortable speaking it. Stupid, I know!

The random stranger that I spoke to looked at me, huffed in my face, and then walked off. The typical German attitude. And I should know!

"Please tell me you haven't forgotten your native language." Said a strangely familiar voice. I turned around and my mouth flew open.

"Mezzy? Oh my god, Mesut!" I screamed as I dropped my luggage and ran towards him. I flung my arms around him, and then the emotion overtook me, and I found myself wrapping my legs around him as well. "Mesut, oh my god! I've missed you so much!" I smiled against his shoulder.

"Kathrin, it's been too long." He whispered back into my ear. "Please tell me you can still speak german." He asked as he pulled back and looked me over.

"Of course I can, Ozii!" I smiled. "Sie haben keine Ahnung, wei sehr ich dich vermisst habe." I smiled as I replied in my native mother tongue.

"Beautiful!" He laughed as he hugged me close to him once again. "What are you doing here?"

"I can go if you want me to!"

"No, no. Your not leaving until we've caught up. Grab your things, lets go get a coffee." After I grabbed my things, Mesut hooked his arm through mine and dragged me into the nearest cafe that we found. "Tell me everything!" He smiled as we sat down with our drinks.

"What do you want to know?!"

"I guess you might as well start from where you were."

"Didn't I tell you? I was in London. I'd gotten a job as a journalist at a magazine."

"Congratulations! Then how come you're here?"

"I was engaged."

"Was?" He asked as he picked up on the past tense.

"Five weeks ago I found him cheating on me. I'd come home early, and our apartment door way partially open, I could here him and my roommate talking about me behind my back. They were laughing at how stupid I was, and how I hadn't caught onto them yet."

"He cheated on you with your roommate?"

"Life wanted to kill me!"

"So you broke it off then?"

"Not in so many words. I left it until last week to confront him, and he just smiled it off and kissed me."

"Tell me that you punched him."

"You know me so well! Of course I punched him. And like any woman, I threw the ring in his face and kneed him where it hurts!" I smiled as I took as sip from my cup.