Chapter 2

We were sat there for what felt like hours.

Whilst talking, I found out that Mesut was now a world class footballer. Now playing for Real Madrid, he'd also moved away from Germany.

Our little group of friends from back in the days if school, had now all formed lives of their own.

Sophia and Ashton had finally gotten their act together, and in Mesuts own words 'clinked', whatever that means. Maybe he said clicked!

Jayna and Payton had both gone abroad, separately, to study and then had never returned apart from for the holidays.

Kallum and Mario had both stayed put, and were working their butts off.

Mesut was currently in Germany for the international break, and was heading back to Spain the next day.

"Come back with me. You'll love it there, and plus, what exactly do you have here?" Mesut asked as we finished what must have been our fourth drink.

"My family. I haven't seen them for 6 years."

"Please?" he said beginning to plead with me, "Come visit me in a week, I'm going back tonight, and I don't want to wait another 6 years to see you again."

"A month."

"Hell, no! I'm not waiting that long!"

"2 weeks?"

"Kathrin! It's Spain, why don't you want to go?!"

"Fine, 1 week. I can't believe you're dragging me away from my own family!" I smiled as I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time. "I better be going. Can I have your number?" We exchanged numbers and then I walked away, dragging my luggage behind me. Until I remembered... "Mezzy?" I turned around to face him.

"Kat?"

"Did you win?"

"You're doubting the Germans?!!" He smiled as he finished his coffee.

"I wouldn't dare!" I smiled as I turned back around and then shouted "Have a safe flight!"

*1 week later*

"Mesut Ozil! Where the hell are you?" I screamed down the phone. I'd been waiting at Madrid airport for at least 10 minutes, and there was no sign of Mesut.

"I'm on my way alright."

"Five minutes, else I'm going back to Germany." I hung up the phone and slammed it into my bag.

This was not the greeting to Madrid that I'd expected. I'd expected Mesut to be one of those guys that hold up your name on a piece of paper when you walk through the gate, but no. He had to be one of those people that are late.

And on queue, just as I was about to flag down a taxi, a black Ferrari arrived. I stood and stared as Mesut elegantly got out of the car.

"Couldn't find a car that would fit my suitcase?" I asked as Mesut came and gave me a hug.

"You have a suitcase?"

"Mesut! What else would I bring?"

"But isn't it a beauty?"

"Sure it's beautiful. But the real questions is, does it look beautiful with my suitcase inside it."

"It should."

"Let's try it out then." I smiled as I dragged my suitcase to the back of the car and waited for Mesut to open the car boot.

"Let me do it."

"A true gentleman!" I smiled as I stepped back and allowed Mesut riggle my suitcase in.

After trying it in a few different directions, my suitcase finally fit in, and we were soon speeding away.

"Do you mind if I have a few friends around tonight?" Mesut asked as we came to a stop at traffic lights.

"No that's fine. Are they in your team?"

"Yeah, they're really good guys."

"Good, I don't want them pulling down the Great Ozil!" I smiled.

"Ha! Maybe not Sergio then! Sergio has a certain edge to him."

"I don't like the sound of this edge! And the others?"

"Marcelo's like a cuddly bear. And Cris knows that he's amazing, so don't tell him otherwise."

"What a lovely bunch of friends! So when do you play next? And can I come?"

"We're playing Malaga on Saturday. I'll see if there's any going spare."

"Thanks Mezzy!" I smiled as I got out my phone and called my mum to tell her that I'd landed and was safe in the hands of Mesuts road rage.

"There is no way that you live here!" I gasped in shock as we pulled up to Mesuts house.

"Well I do! Come on I'll give you the grand tour!" Mesut said as he took my suitcase out of the car boot, and a dragged it towards the house.