Chapter One

Selena's POV:

Rolling over after a long night of tossing and turning I decided it was best to get up. Looking over at the clock I saw that it was 8am. Great, I only got about 3 hours of sleep, if that. Lately it's been the same, I go to bed at 10pm toss n' turn all night and after I do finally fall asleep, I am awaken by nightmares. I'd rather not think about that.

I walked over to the closet and thought I should change into something nice for the day. Nah, after all I don't have anything to do. After a long sigh, I decided to go downstairs and eat something considering I was hungry.

Before walking downstairs, I grabbed my phone just in case someone texts me. Like that's gonna happen. I almost laughed at the stupid thought of it. I cut everyone in my life off. It was for the best, wasn't it? I couldn't help but wonder how things are back in California.

I have all the money I could ever need. I live in a completely isolated area. When I step outside of my house nobody notices me which is so strange for me. I still changed my hair color, I wear colored contact lens, I changed my style, and I even changed my name. I wanted to be absolutely sure no one would find me.

It's not like I had a family to worry about, it is just me. My family died when I was younger and my aunt took me in. She raised me as her own but she died a year ago. Ever since then everything has changed.

I lost all my friends. I wasn't sure if it was me or my depression that drove them away. Once Justin got tired of me everything broke, as if it wasn't shattered to begin with. It is now time for a new chapter in my life. Time to start over.

I knew now if I wanted to walk around outside I wouldn't be harassed by strangers or the paparazzi asking me questions that made no sense. I don't have to worry about the drama. No screaming fans, no flashes that made me go blind, no nothing.

This is what I call home now. I have a nice house and there are plenty of nice people in my life. I may have lied a little about who Mia was but nobody really needs to know the truth. The past is the past.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015