Chapter Twenty-Seven

Selena's p.o.v.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked.

I could feel my whole body start to tense up. My hands started shaking.

"Justin was really drunk and passed out behind the wheel. He drove into a tree. He's in the hospital now. I wanted you too know." Pattie said. She sounded so scared, and worried.

"The doctors aren't sure what's going to happen." She said. I could tell she had been crying.

"What hospital?" I asked. I needed to see him, I needed to know he was going to be okay.

"St. Luke's." She spoke sharply.

"I'll be right there."

"Selena, wait. You should know that word got out that Justin's here. The parking lot of the hospital and the whole street is packed with the news crew and fans. The media is everywhere. I can send Kenny to meet you somewhere and sneak you in, if you want." She said. She was concerned and so was I.

"Oh. Have him meet me at the diner around the corner of the hospital."

"Okay, I'll send him. Be careful." Worry sounded in her voice.

"I will." I said trying not to let the tears fall.

"Call me if anything happens." I said hanging up the phone. Everything in me was shaken.

I drove to the diner, in shock. What was going to happen to Justin? Was he going to be okay? I parked the car in the lot and got out to checked the trunk. I knew I had a hoodie and a beanie inside. I also had a pair of vans. Ever since I got the car I kept clothes in it just in case anything happened or I had to leave town.

What if word got out that I was here? I knew I could stay for long now. Although at this point with everything that has happened, would it really be that bad if people found out I was here? I didn't want to think about that anymore.

I just needed to see Justin. I could feel myself tense up again just at the thought of something happening to Justin.

A car pulled into the lot and parked next to my car. I knew it was Kenny. He got out and walked over to me.

"Selena!" He said before pulling me in for a hug. He was like an uncle to me. "How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good! I missed you!" I hugged him again.

"You will hide in the back of the van, so nobody will see you. When I park I'll walk you inside. I can't promise nobody will see you. We have the whole floor to ourselves so we can try. But word could get out." He said making sure I knew what could happen.

"Let's do it." I nodded my head.

"Okay, here's blanket you can lay in the back and cover up." He said helping me inside the van.

A part of me wanted people to notice me. I was tired of hiding, but the other part was still scared.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015