Chapter Twenty-One

Justin's p.o.v.

"Justin? Is that you? You sound different." My mom asked, worry had filled her voice.

"Oh, I'm just tired." I lied. I didn't want her to know I was drinking.

"Did you find her?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah. I saw her last night." Memories of her yelling at me to leave came back to my mind.

"What did she say?" She asked concerned.

"She told me to leave Capetown and to leave her alone." I sighed.

"Well Justin, what did you want her to say? Did you think that everything was going to go back to normal?" She asked pointing out the obvious.

"Well..I..I don't know." I said leaning forward.

"Look, this is her life too. She left for more then one reason. If you want her back, you are gonna have to work for it. Don't expect her to drop everything and come running back to you." She reasoned.

"You're right." I sighed.

"I know I am Justin, I'm a mom. I know things." She giggled.

"Thanks. You are the best." I smiled. Feeling a little better.

"I love you Justin. Stay safe."

"Love you too mom, bye."

She was right, as always. I had to work for Selena and that was something I was willing to do. I just have to figure out what to do.

Selena's p.o.v.

"Never mind. You don't have to answer that question." Josh said.

It suddenly got a little awkward between us. My mind kept racing about Justin. Should I tell him Justin's here? What should I do? Do I still love Justin? I couldn't stop thinking. Josh just started talking about something else. But the truth is, I am not paying attention. After a while it was time to go. Josh walked me to my car.

"I'm sorry if I made things awkward. I didn't mean too." He said looking down at his feet.

"It's okay." I spoke softly.

"I might be leaving sooner then I thought. So can I ask you one more question?" He asked hopeful.

"Of course." I smiled at him.

"I don't want to make things more awkward. But I just need to know. Do you like me? Or have any feelings towards me as more than a friend?" He asked.

"Josh, I...I have always cared for you, and I enjoy your company. We have the best conversations. But, I'm not over him and I don't think I will ever be. He will always be my soul mate. Even though I hate him right now. I could never move on from him. I'm so sorry." I admitted out loud.

"It's okay, I'm sorry about everything that happened. I should go. If you ever need me, just know I'm always there." He hugged me and left. I felt bad but there was nothing I could do.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015