Chapter 6 - Just Why

Ferret poked her head into the den and stared at Daffodil sympathetically, "Come on. You have to come out sometime."

         "Leave me alone," grumbled the cream she-cat.

         Ferret entered and sat down beside her, wrapping her tail around Daffodil's shoulder, "Come on, let's go for a walk." She beckoned her head outside and nudged Daffodil, "Come on, up you go."

         The other trainee muttered something under her breath and heaved herself up and followed the ginger molly out of camp. "Happy? Im outside. Now can I go back to sulking?"

         "No! Of course not, why don't you enjoy the fresh outdoors!" She leaped into a nearby pile of fallen orange, red, and maroon leaves. She shook her head to shake off the foliage and purred. Her expression turned more gloomy, "What's wrong?"

         Daffodil had a tear streaking down her cheek, "What do you mean what's wrong! Didn't you hear Ivysting!"

         "Come on, that's no reason to stop trying."

         "What's the point if all I can achieve is being a lowerpaw? Cherrybee must be so ashamed to have me as a daughter."

         Ferret furrowed her eyebrows, "Of course NOT! Cherrybee must be so proud to have such a strong daughter! Didn't you see that she was trying to defend you!"

         "Ya, to prevent the embarrassment of having a council member's kit be a lowerpaw."

         The ginger feline frowned, "I'm sure that's not-"

         "I'm going back to the den."

         "Oh no you're not," Ferret grunted. She turned around and pounced onto Daffodil, claws sheathed. 

         Hissing, the cream molly wriggled out of her grip and circled, "What are you doing!" The ginger feline batted at the other trainee's ear but Daffodil retaliated by pinning her down. She asked again, "What are you doing!?"

         Ferret rolled her eyes and struggled, "Let me go, I'm not gonna kill you."

         Daffodil hesitantly unpinned Ferret and took a step back, "What were you-"

         She cut her off and questioned, "Why did you defend yourself and attack me?"

        "Because I thought you were gonna kill me!"

        "And..." The ginger she-cat prodded the ground hopefully.

         Daffodil thought for a moment before responding, "And... because I thought you were a threat to the colony."

         "Exactly! You're doing this for your colony. Don't let Ivysting get you down. Prove to her that you're strong enough!"

         "Huh?"

         Ferret sighed. The dramatic approach and motivation she was going for had failed miserably. It was time for some tough love, "Grow up Daffodil. Sulking around isn't gonna get you anything better. Instead of moping about something you can't control why don't you try your hardest and achieve something you can control! Wake up, the world doesn't revolve around you. So if you want to become something greater than a lowerpaw, prove it."

         A stubborn cat would probably retort something back, but Daffodil wasn't like that. She was too easily influenced. Perhaps it was because deep down, she did want to prove something to the clan. Or perhaps, Ferret had struck a nerve. 

         Surprised that her method had actually worked, Ferret chuckled nervously. The two returned to camp only to be met with a gruesome sight. A huge gash in Softwing's belly, his ears almost unidentifiable, his right hind-leg bleeding severely, and his neck twisted eerily. Next to him was Snowbriar, whose forepaw and flank had a small wound. And Ripplespots, who had a small scratch on his underbelly and left hind-leg, and a gash on his chest. The only one who was unhurt from the patrol was Drift. The trainee was almost unable to keep himself standing as he trembled at the sight of Softwing's lifeless body.     

         "What happened?" whispered Ferret to Songleaf.

         The molly sighed, dipping her head in sorrow, "Glade Colony. They attacked the border patrol."                  

Picture above is Ferret.

Ever have that moment when your supposedly amazing plan goes wrong  XD Well that's Ferret's thing. 

Anyway, Gladeclan is being violent. Wonder what's happening there...