Ch. 1 - The Blue Eyes Watching Me

Aria's POV

"alright, with this, I can survive another month," I said while putting my money into my purse.

I walked down the alleyway. It was night but it wasn't dark. The lights were so illuminating and dazzling. I loved this city of Split but I gotta keep moving. I earned money by selling these crystals I created using my power. Yes, I can summon crystals from thin air and it's not magic, it's called being a Radiant. I didn't have a house or an apartment because I need to keep moving or they would find me. Who, did you ask? Kingdom of course! 

"I mean.. look as these posters.." I mumbled as I walked past a wall full of missing people posters.

Some of them were already torn, the letterings were faded out and some didn't even show the face of the missing person anymore. I thought there were almost 30-ish posters on this wall alone. I smiled at a newest looking poster and prayed that they could find this beloved person they've been looking for.

RING RING!

"good evening. This is Aria. Who is this?"

Not. My. Real. Name. Remember that.

"oh, my name is Gary. Your healing crystal is amazing! Where did you get them? Can you tell me who the vendor is?!"

"I'm glad that it's working well. Unfortunately, I can't share the information about this vendor or else I might get fired. I'm really sorry, sir.."

"oh I don't want to put you in that kind of situation. I'm sorry. So, I just need to call you if I need more, yeah?"

"that's right, sir. I'm really glad I could help you. So, what's the reason you're calling me, sir?"

"actually nothing. I just wanted to ask you to give me the contact to the vendor. I didn't know it'll put you in that kind of situation. So, nevermind. Thanks for the response, lady Aria!"

"you're very welcome. Let me know if you need help, sir,"

CLICK!

Another person trying to dig about who produced the crystals. I couldn't let anybody know about this power. 

TAP TAP TAP

I started walking faster to a small apartment I rent for the week. I need to move next week to a new place. As I kept walking, I could hear another footsteps behind me. I was sure this person was following me, trying to match my footsteps so I couldn't hear them.

"do I stall so this person doesn't know where I live? Or do I just run as fast as I could and hope I can outrun them?"

RUN

That was the answer I quickly picked. I started running left and right around the alleys. I knew this place, I knew where I should be going. Turn right then there would be a small meatballs food stand, then I should try going left that lead me to a small pharmacy that should be closed this hour.

"hah.. hah.."

I started running out of breath but this guy behind me was still following me. I quickly turned and was about to confront this person.

"who are you?! Why are you fol-"

Or not? There's no one there.

I took a minute to catch my breath. I looked around and there's nothing that could hide a person. Not a single object that could hide you in this very clear alley.

"was I dreaming? Was I imagining things? I'm sure I could hear those footsteps.."

I turned away then saw this tall person in white robes. He's wearing a white fedora hat and a mask with glowing blue eyes.

"K-Kingdom?" I asked.

"Kingdom? What about it?" he asked back.

RUN. AGAIN, RUN.

I ran again no matter how tired I was. That man confirmed he knew Kingdom. He was sent by them. Then suddenly, I couldn't feel my legs.

THUMP!

And tripped with a very dramatic noise.

"o-ouch.."

My pants got torn right on the knees. Both of my knees were bleeding.

"what's this? I can't move my legs? Are these.. ropes?"

I pulled and got zapped instead even though it didn't hurt that much. I pulled out my last crystal to quickly heal my knees. I need to recover myself and somehow break this ropes or whatever this thing is.

"oh, not so fast,"

He's already there, catching up. I put the crystal back into my purse before this person found out about it.

"I'm sorry that I had to do this to you, but I have no choice. As a Radiant, you're more superior than normal human beings, so I need to do something about it," he chuckled.

"who are you? What do you want?" I asked as I clenched my arms because my knees were hurt like hell.

He kneeled in front of me, carefully took off the rope then put both of his hands in the air.

"see? I'm not trying to hurt you. But you ran away where I thought you would be,"

"you didn't answer my question," my voice trembled.

"Cypher. You can call me Cypher. That's what they call me, Aria.."

"how did you.."

"it's easy to find a name. It's a basic skill for someone like me. Enough with this, I need you to go this place if you don't want Kingdom to find you," he handed me a piece of paper.

"this is.."

"Southern district of Split, yes. That's my hideout that I don't use much. I'll see you there tomorrow. Also, you should use that last crystal to treat your knees. I'm sorry, but that's all for now. I can't get seen by them as well,"

He stood up then offered his hand to help me stand up. I didn't take out the crystal and just took his hand. I stung a bit but I didn't want to show him how the healing was done.

"alright. Treat your wound later. I need to take my leave," he tipped his hat then walked away as if it was nothing.

Hello people! This is my first Cypher x Reader fanfiction I wrote. I don't know the right tags for this but I hope you people enjoy this. I will definitely move on to the next chapter soon!