Ch 5 - Do You Want to Save the World?

Aria's POV

The place was trashed and we took a moment to get our stuff in the house. I didn't know how but he already changed to his full attire, the Cypher you know was there now. 

"ah, my tripwire.." he sighed as he picked up a broken tripwire.

"he put a tripwire in the house? I didn't know it was there! I could've tripped on that!"

After picking our stuff up, Cypher decided to book a hotel room. He said he wanted to keep me safe (although he's the one feeling unwell), so he booked a single room with double bed. The room was neat and he sat on a bed, claiming that to be his.

"oh I need to head out a bit. We can't stay here forever so I'll think about another way to help you," he stood up, before even sitting for a whole minute.

"you should take a rest for now. I still have my savings, so it'll be fine. Now, sit,"

"no, I'd rather think about it and deal with it now than later, y/n. I might have a way.."

"huh?"

He stood there for a moment. His hand on his chin, the typical thinking pose. I didn't know his body proportion was.. perfect.

"y/n, you're a radiant,"

"yes," I nodded.

"and you like helping people!"

"yes," I nodded again.

"how about medical stuff? Do you understand those stuff?"

"yes," again.

"how about you don't waste your healing on just me and help everyone?"

"but you're the one asking me to only do it for you,"

He went quiet, dumbfounded.

"y-yeah, but this is the only option I got. You can see what my job is, watch how I do it and all, and you can hang out with other radiants,"

"other.. radiants?" I repeated him.

"you're not the only one, you know?"

"I know. But, radiants? Plural?"

"I can fill you in. The information is top secret, so I can't freely tell you who we are,"

Then I remembered that he mentioned shootings, saving the world and I thought he mentioned he was against Kingdom so I thought these people he worked with were also against Kingdom. At least my worries about Kingdom was relieved.

"but I need to know what I would be doing there,"

"I can fill you in. First, you will enter using my recommendation. We don't have many healers so you would be treated specially by the others. Are you okay about revealing your abilities to them?"

"can I trust them?"

"if you can trust me, you can trust them,"

"okay. I can reveal my abilities to them,"

"good. After demonstrating your abilities, then they will assign you to a role. For what I see from you, probably a sentinel like me,"

"a sentinel?"

"yes. We don't go to the frontline. We support our team so they can push forward. Mostly that,"

"do I have to shoot people?"

"yes,"

He answered that without hesitation, sending chills down my spine.

"but I'll make sure you don't have to do that much. I'll do the killings for you so you won't experience those horrific.. events.."