Ch 4 - Evacuation

Cypher's POV

"it's getting dark, we gotta hurry or Brimstone would get mad again," Jett updrafted to get a better view.

"careful!" I said, playfully as I saw an enemy walked through my trap, getting tangled and panicked.

I saw the mirror Yoru trying to find the trap. Took him a second to finally shot it, but it was too late, Jett was already there.

"this is easy! Who needs a training dummy if there are real dummies?" she mocked the mirror Yoru kneeling before her.

Omen teleported next to me, making sure his intel was alright.

"I don't see anything. Not yet," I said to him.

"we need to hurry. Try replacing your camera,"

"alright alright.." I sighed.

I took my camera then jumped down from A site rafter. The mission took place in Icebox. That's why they got Yoru on their team because Yoru knew this place quite well.

"I will know better than you soon enough, Yoru.." I whispered to myself as I rotated to B site then put my camera near a snowman.

I positioned myself in kitchen and put a tripwire not too far behind me to prevent a flank. I looked around and made sure I was safe then looked into my camera.

"they haven't rotated yet," I reported.

"scatter!"

That's an enemy Omen. He was teleporting somewhere. I looked around my camera for a bit them turned it off to reposition just in case he's flanking me from behi-

STAB!

"gutted.." he said as I felt the sting on my stomach.

It was not a one shot kill, I quickly pulled my gun and headshotted him.

"ugh.. this is bad.. I can still pull through," I murmured, maintaining my breathing.

I quickly took a look at my cam then left the area. I needed to reposition as soon as possible before they found and finished me.

"Sage, got a heal?" I asked through the radio.

"I just healed Jett. Are you injured?"

"yes. I can endure this. No worries,"

"alright. I'll rotate to your position. It should be ready soon!"

"no need to do that. I can go on. Focus on the mission," I refused.

Thanks to that, Sage managed to find one enemy and finished them. Two more to go but Jett and Omen couldn't keep it up as they were also low on health.

"Cypher's it's just the two of us! Omen is in critical condition. Think you can hold on?" she asked.

"yes, once you're ready, give him the healing. I'm okay,"

I was not okay. Although he missed my vital organ, it was still hurt like hell. The cold air even made it worse and more difficult for me to breathe. I needed to end it fast.

"ah," I feel somebody stepped into my second trap.

I pulled out my Vandal and quickly shot the mirror Phoenix. He wasn't alone, there was a Viper and I flicked at her, ending her quickly with a headshot.

"ugh.. I hate visiting the underground doctor.." I gasped for air.

Not that I didn't want to meet Aria. Last time I came back looking so down, she got worried. I just didn't want to worry that person. I knew I asked her to be my healer, but she was that kind of person who was too soft. Would she pass out seeing this much blood?