Ch 18.2 - Alternate Ending

Cypher' POV

I planned everything, making sure we could infiltrate the place without problem. I told Chamber to look for an extraction point while Sage should still stay behind, watching over the main gate. Chamber could move faster than her, so I thought itwould be better. Omen found a control room for me to hack in, so I went inside with him while Jett looked for a hatch to get into the vent.

"yes, this could work. Shall we?"

"you heard that, Jett?"

"okay. I'm going through the vents,"

"be safe verybody,"

Everybody got to their positions. I guided Omen and Jett at the same time. It was hard, but I could still do it. 

"guys, is everything going well?" I could hear Sage.

"it's alright,"

"because there are heavy duty trucks getting to the main gate,"

I immediately checked the camera outside and saw three trucks getting into the gate. The doors opened and there were scientists coming out of them. There were three people being tied and blindfolded coming from each trucks. They were radiants, being transported into this facility. They captured more of them for some reasons I didn't know yet. All three of them looked horrible. They all looked sick. Those expression looked as if they were dead inside.

"y/n.." I murmured.

I hoped she was doing alright. I knew she was strong so that was the only hope I had in my heart.

"they're radiants.. their experiment objects,"

"yes, I can seeit from here. They don't look good,"

"yes.. they look.. horrible.."

"what if they did that to A- nevermind. Focus on the mission, Cypher,"

That was my plan, to focus on the mission and find Aria as soon as possible.

- - - - -

Aria's POV

I saw more people coming in. They didn't know I was awake. I was just looking at them. One of them looked pleased about something while the others nodded in agreement. They were talking loudly but I still couldn't hear a single thing they were saying because of the liquid and the glass. One of them approached me, tapping the glass, asking me to swim down and I did as he instructed.

"this... best... we had..."

I could barely hear him but still didn't the idea what he was talking about. Then I saw a man in black suit looking at me. He got an arrogant smile on his face as he tapped the glass.

"her eyes are empty. Are you sure she's alive?"

"wait.. I could.. hear him?"

"oh, she's reacting! Hello there, little one.."

That arrogant smile again. I knew he's dangerous, he might be plotting someting or maybe he got something nasty in mind. His finger touched the glass, his eyes directed me to touch his finger from my side.

"hello, cute one. If you wonder how I talk without opening my mouth, it's because I'm a radiant. You're doing your job very well! Because of you, I could start searching for more radiant slaves- ahem.. I mean, radiant friends! Because of the power you provide, I could get more friends for you! I brought three potential radiants so they could have a free shelter for each of them! I'm so generous, yes?"

That man was a radiant, he used some kind of telephatic kind of skill to talk to me. If what he said was not a lie, I could put the other radiants in danger. Maybe even my friends from the protocol.