Ch 12 - His Part of the Story

Cypher's POV

"why would they stare at me like that? They got her so I don't need to worry, right?" I crossed my arms as I was watching over my monitor, watching over the cameras I scattered around the base.

But I couldn't forget that face. She looked at me as if she saw a ghost. The horrific look she had in her eyes, she was terrified at me as her hands were trembling and her face grew pale. My heart was a mess. It was like last time when I went back to Split, when I ran away from those feelings.

"what the heck is wrong with you, Aamir?" I asked myself.

I definitely saw Nora. She was literally there, calling me. She was reminding me of my loyalty to her. I only needed Nora and she's gone. Y/n has been trying to take me away from Nora, what a nuisance. I should've kept my distance from her and look what happened, I became the black sheep!

"it wasn't my fault,"

I looked at one section of the monitor. Chamber just left Aria's workshop. It's been half an hour since I left. 

"wait.. why did I even bother to kneel in front of her and checked how she was doing?"

She did something to me again, she definitely did something. I needed to clear my mind, maybe Killjoy's lab would be fun. I stretched my arms then stood up. I headed right towards Killjoy's lab and found that Raze was also there.

"hey there, Cypher! Need something?" Killjoy was tinkering with her turret again.

"yes. Do you have your soldering iron?"

"that again? Ugh, fine.. take it. And make sure you return it because apparently, I can't even ask Aria to scold you into returning my stuff,"

Killjoy was always blunt so I paid no mind.

"yes, maybe I'll return it soon,"

"woah, did you say maybe? Ruuuude.."

"anyway, Cypher.." Raze called me.

"yes?"

"why did Killjoy say she can't ask Aria for help? Is she okay? Are you guys fighting? I thought you guys are in a relationship already because Aria-"

"Raze! Sssshhh!!!" Killjoy stopped her work and quickly covered Raze's mouth.

"huh? What is that suspicious behavior?"

I crossed my arms, waiting for them to explain while Killjoy was glaring at Raze who looked down because of whatever she did.

"YOU tell him. Not my fault," Killjoy rolled her eyes.

"me? What did I do wrong?"

"have you not heard the news? They're fighting like crazy. I said it was a misunderstanding. You know what HE did? He made her lock herself in her room without food! She never went out that Omen had to step in!"

"woah! What happened?! Tell me!" Raze looked excited.

"ugh.. verdammt.." Killjoy sweared under her breath as she rolled her eyes again.

"ahem,"

"well um.. do I reeaaaaally need to tell you?"

"yes. Now,"

"fine.. so.."

- - - - -

FLASHBACK TO KILLJOY'S POV

"ooooh! Refreshments!" I cheered as Aria came in with snacks in her hands.

"you connect my presence with snack time again, Killjoy,"