Ch 11 - I'm Not Him, but I'm Here

Omen's POV

"you're still here? Don't you need to come out at a point, Aria?" I teleported into Aria's room because the door was locked.

She didn't say anything and just smiled at me. It's been exactly a week since that commotion she had with Cypher. I knew I shouldn't butt in and teleport into someone else's room (which was against the rules), but Sage and Neon have been worried about her. 

"I'll go get you something to eat. What do you want?"

"I'm good. I don't have the appetite," she whispered, maybe she didn't want to reveal her hoarse voice.

"you finally talked to me. I thought you're mad at me, Aria," 

I knew she wasn't mad at me, I just wanted to at least make her laugh a little bit with the joke. She locked herself two days straight back then. Nobody ever saw her come out so I decided to check on her. I was glad I did that, she was miserable.

"tea? I can try brewing some," I offered again.

She shook her head slowly then let out a sigh. I stepped forward then dragged the chair closer to her bed.

"you haven't even been treated yet. How's your throat? You coughed up blood that day, right?"

She just smiled at me then sat closer to the edge of the bed, closer to me. This was the most responsive interaction I got from her since that day. I dragged the chair again closer to her then put both of my hands on her shoulders.

"as usual, share your misery with me when you're ready,"

"I'd like some tea.."

"good. Then I'll get you some. Need something else?"

"um.."

"it's alright. You can tell me,"

"how.. how is he?" she asked while holding herself not to cry.

"he's been recovering well. Sage commended you for being able to save his life although he didn't appreciate it,"

"it's alright. He was just shocked.."

"you're right.."

Her bitter smile was heartbreaking. I hoped I could do something to cheer her up. If only I could take her to- wait's that was clever!

"how about I take you to your workshop and stay with you? I'll make sure nobody comes in if you don't want to see anyone,"

Her expression changed. It seemed like she really wanted to go there but hesitated.

"no, I'll let the room be. If I'm there, everybody wouldn't be able to use the room,"

"it's your room, Aria. Besides, I've been taking care of your room. Nobody ever came in while you're gone. You coming outta your room would be a great news for everybody. I'll make sure everybody takes it slow and not disturb your peace time. How's that?"

"thank you, Omen.." she nodded.

"I'll take that as a yes. I'll clear the path and make sure you don't see anyone on your way there, alright? I'll be right back,"

I knew she wanted to hide herself, so I thought she didn't want to see anyone. I unlocked the door then stepped out of her room.

"ah,"

Cypher was walking past the hall. He just got outta his room which was not far from Aria's. He stood there as he noticed I just came out from Aria's room.

"you need something?" I asked.

"no. Have a good day, Omen," then he walked away.

"Cypher," I stopped him.