Ch 6 - Ah, a Sentinel!

Cypher's POV

I worked hard to get y/n in. Everything was good and ready and as I walked towards Brimstone's office, a particular annoying French man approached me.

"bonjour, Cypher. It's always been a pleasure t have your company," he greeted me.

"oh, Chamber! What brings you here on Split?" I responded as cheerfully as I could although I really wanted to get away from here as soon as I could.

"straight into the topic, that's what I like about you. I heard about the news! Are you heading to Brimstone's office right now?"

Ah, he wanted to follow me to Brimstone's office. It's not gonna happen, my dear French boy, Vincent.

"I do have the files in my hands, but I still need to work on the rest,"

"that's unfortunate. I would like to join the conversation as I also wanted to talk about the guy I recruited as well,"

"you mean Neon?"

His face turned from the bright smiley face into a grim one. He didn't like the fact that I knew about the electric girl he was scouting.

"yes, it's Neon," his tone also changed.

"oh then you may go first and talk about that with Brimstone. I need to head somewhere first. Have a good day, Chamber," I tipped my hat then kept walking, not even waiting for him to react.

I walked in victory. I loved to look down at him. I knew he was plotting behind the protocol. Whatever that was, I would be the one discovering it. Ah, another treasure hunt. How fun!

"Cypher?"

"oh, Sage. What can I help you with?"

"aren't you going to Brimstone's office?"

"I just saw Chamber walking there. Brimstone is occupied and I don't want to interrupt them. Besides, I need to double-check the files," I didn't lie about Chamber going to Brimstone's office, so it should be fine, right?

"hm.. I see. What time are you going there?"

"in an hour,"

"alright. I'll be joining you,"

"that would be great. Well, I need to go if I don't want to waste more time. I don't want to be late,"

"ah, yes. Have a good day,"

"you too, Sage. Have a good day," I tipped my hat again but more sincerely towards Sage.

I walked away, again, back to my workshop. This time, I decided to lock the door so nobody would go in and disturb me. Other than that, I didn't want anybody find out that the files were actually ready. I was already labelled as someone who kept secrets, not really trustworthy, lied a lot and mysterious. I didn't want to worsen my reputation.

- - - - -

Aria's POV

"ah, so this is Aria. Hello, I read everything about you. Please call me Sage," the beautiful lady with long black hair was offering her hand.

"yes. It's a pleasure meeting you. My name is Aria," I shook her hand.

"oh you're gentle. You look more angelic than I thought, Aria," she smiled brightly at me.

"what does that supposed to mean, Sage? You thought I was gonna bring someone dangerous?" Cypher commented while eyeing both my hand hand and Sage's.

"that's not what I meant. But, I like her already,"