Ch 13 - Green Light

Chamber's POV

"good evening, Aria. Is the bean bag occupied?" I walked in, bringing a box of opera cake for her.

I did all the threat and lies yesterday against Cypher. I hoped he got the note and the warnings. Of course I lied about Brimstone not knowing what's going on, but I wasn't lying about the protocol in need of the sentinels. There were only me, Sage and Killjoy which was not effective. That only piled up the work for us. I didn't mind about Aria since she was recovering, but Cypher needed to report in. Aria completely healed him and he should be ready for another mission!

"I was about to brew some coffee. Want some?" I found Aria standing right next to the coffee machine with the coffee grounds package in her hand.

"I would like to take the offer. Thank you. I'll be laying down here," I said as I laid down on the bean bag.

It was warm, Aria just got up from here. I didn't see Omen anywhere, which meant I needed to stay until he got back. I unbottoned my vest and took it off, taking a deep breath to unwind myself. The scent of coffee that was not strong at all started to fill the room as Aria brewed us some coffee. This big bean bag was literally a shared bed. Everybody could use it and somehow, it was always clean whenever I got back here. She took care of her room very well.

"tired?" she asked while serving the coffee.

"pretty much, yes.." I couldn't tell her it's because we were sort on sentinels that I got busier.

"you look a bit pale. May I help you with that?"

"no. I want you to rest, mademioselle,"

"I just wanted to help you,"

She smiled. She sincerely wanted to cheer me up. I might looked so pale that she got the worried face all over her. She was always like that whenever I came in feeling tired. Although I had that.. unfriendly relationship with Cypher, she would still treat me equally like she treated the others. I thought Cypher would somehow drive her against me to make her avoid me. I was a little unfriendly the first time I met her but she welcomed me warmly. What a kind person.

"Chamber?" she called.

"ah, I'm sorry. Do I look pale that I worried you, Aria?"

"yes.." she nodded slowly.

"then.. I could get a little bit of help but please don't push yourslef too hard,"

"I understand,"

She put her cup on the table then summoned a crystal. She stuck the crystal on my chest, diagnosing my whole body.

"hm.. I see. It's nothing serious. You just need more rest,"

Then I could feel the energy from the crystal seeping into my body, healing me. It felt refreshing and I could feel my breathing became lighter.

"thank you. Now, back to the coffee,"

She giggled. That's the first time I heard her giggle in a while. I smiled back at her then started drinking the coffee before it got cold.

"ah, Omen's coming.." she said, alerting me.

"hm?"

WHOOOSH!

"you know, this room has a feature called a door, monsieur,"  I took my vest and put it back on, rest time was over.

"I didn't know you're visiting,"

"I also didn't know you're coming. Aria called it,"

"Aria what?" Omen asked.

"she called it. Before you came, she just said 'ah, Omen's coming' and you really came. She detected your presence,"