Vampire High Council

The doorbell rang and I got up, yelling out to Sue who was in the kitchen.
'Bye grandma! See you after school!' I opened up the front door to see Mark and a shy Jackson.
'Morning guys.' Mark smiled.
'Morning.' Jackson waved and kept his head down.
'Jackson? Are you okay?' Jackson nodded, still not looking up. Mark smiled and grabbed onto Jackson's hand as we started walking to school. Jackson finally looked up, his face red.
'Mark...let me go~' Mark shook his head and smiled.
'Nope.' Jackson pouted but gave in, allowing Mark to hold his hand. Once we were at school, we sat down under our usual tree while we waited for the bell to ring. Jackson had his head in Mark's lap while Mark played with his hair. Jackson laughed and grabbed Mark's hands.
'Mark that tickles.' Mark smiled before he looked up, his face going dark.
'Why is he coming over here?' I looked up to see Kai walking over to us. Jackson sat up, Mark putting his arms around his waist protectively.
'Hey Kora...Mark, Jackson.' Mark glared at him while Jackson kept his gaze on his feet. Kai stared at them for a moment before turning to me.
'Don't forget we have to work on our dance today.' I nodded and he smiled.
'Well I'll see you in class.' He walked off and I could feel Mark glaring daggers into my skull.
'What?'
'What the hell was that?'
'What do you mean?'
'Since when are you friends with Kai?'
'Uh, yesterday I guess? I don't know. You read his mind didn't you?' Mark nodded but kept glaring.
'He comes from a family of vampire hunters Kora. He's dangerous.'
'He doesn't know what I am Mark.'
'What if he finds out?'
'He won't.'
'You don't know that.'
'He won't, ok? Stop worrying about it already.' I stood up and walked off. Stupid Mark. Kai's never going to find out what I am.

I opened up my locker and grabbed my dance gear before heading to the change rooms in the studio. I got changed into my dancing clothes and waited outside the dance studio. Kai arrived a few minutes after me and sat down beside me.
'Your friends don't like me do they?'
'Not really.' Kai nodded.
'Yeah, I don't think Mark will ever actually see any good in me again. Not since I used him to get to Jackson anyway.'
'What happened with that?' Kai looked at his feet.
'When Mark was my friend...Jackson was all he cared about. He'd ditch me to hang out with him and at school, sure he'd eat with us and sit with us in class but his eyes were always on Jackson or he was texting him. It bothered me because I wanted to be Mark's friend, his only friend I guess. I got jealous so one day we cornered Jackson in an alleyway and my friends attacked him. Mark turned up quickly and sent a lot of people to the hospital. There was one stage where I almost got Mark and Jackson to hate each other, but they worked it out. I want to apologize to him but I never get the chance because he hates me now. I regret everything I did.'
'You were such an asshole.' Kai smiled slightly.
'Yeah. I know.' We sat in silence for a bit until Mr Lee turned up.
'You two are early.' We both looked up and smiled.
'We really want to ace this assessment sir.' Mr Lee chuckled at Kai's comment and unlocked the studio door.
'Well in you come.' We got up and walked into the studio. Everyone else arrived a few minutes later and we all started practicing our assessment pieces with our partners. The rest of the day went pretty quickly. I avoided Mark and Jackson the whole day, choosing to stay with Kai. At the end of the day, Jackson caught me at my locker.
'Kora!' He grabbed onto my arm and looked at me, pleading.
'Please talk to Mark.' I scoffed and shrugged him off.
'Why should I?'
'Because he's worried about you. He thinks Kai might end up using you to get back to him. Mark thinks Kai still wants him to be his only friend and is using you until he can get to Mark. Kora, he really is worried about you.' Jackson looked down at his feet. He looked so scared and upset. I sighed and gave in.
'Where is he?' Jackson looked up and a smile made its way to his lips.
'I told him to wait for me at the gates. Come on!' I let Jackson drag me by my wrist to the front gates.

When we got there, Mark tensed up once he saw me and an apologetic look crossed across his facial features.
'Kora-'
'Mark-'We both stared at each other and Jackson blinked before pushing me forwards. I stared at Mark before speaking.
'Kai isn't using me to get to you.' Mark frowned.
'How do you know that?'
'Because he told me he was sorry he ever did it and that he regrets it. Just read my mind if you don't believe me.' Mark stared at me for a second before sighing.
'Sorry Kora.' I smiled, grateful we were ok.
'It's okay.' Jackson shoved me into Mark.
'Now hug.' We did as told and Jackson joined in.
'Yay. You guys are ok now.' Mark chuckled and we all let go.
'Time to go home.' Jackson grabbed Mark's hand and we all headed home. I waved goodbye to my friends once we got to my place and I went inside. Sue was waiting for me in the lounge room, an envelope in her hands.
'Kora.'
'Yes Grandma?'
'Mind telling me what this is?' She held up the envelope and my eyes scanned over it.
'Oh, that.'
'Yes, that. What do the Vampire High Council want with you?' I sighed.
'Do you remember what I am?' Sue nodded.
'Your mother was human but your father was a vampire wasn't he? I noticed bite marks on my daughter often and Marcel did have red eyes.' I took the envelope and read through the letter.
'They're requesting a meeting in an hour.' I left the room and headed upstairs into my bedroom.

I took out my phone and dialed Mark's number.
'Kora?'
'The Vampire High Council want to meet with me in an hour. They said I can bring along another vampire.'
'I'm coming over.' I hung up and waited. Mark jumped through my window seconds later and sat on my bed.
'So the council are requesting a meeting with the half breed.'
'What would they want with me?' Mark stared at the floor in thought as Jackson jumped in through my open window that I forgot to close when Mark jumped in.
'Thanks for including me guys I feel the love.' Mark grabbed Jackson's wrist and pulled him into his lap. Wrapping his arms around his waist, Mark put his chin on Jackson's shoulder and looked at me.
'Either they just want to talk or they want to execute you.' My eyes widened and Jackson frowned.
'Who wants to execute her?' Jackson turned to Mark, his eyes wide in curiosity. Mark shook his head, trying to calm him a bit.
'The Vampire High Council want to meet me in half an hour now.' Jackson turned to me.
'Are you taking anyone with you?' Mark answered him.
'I'm going with her.' Jackson turned to Mark, his eyes wide.
'NO! You can't go!' Mark frowned.
'Why not?'
'They might hurt you.' Mark went to answer when a light appeared at the window.

We all watched as it made its way to the centre of the room before someone appeared. Mark hugged Jackson closer to himself and watched.
'Kora Hyde.' I looked up and stared at the person. They were a vampire and wore the council robes. Well looks like I didn't have to go anywhere and Mark was with Jackson.
'Yes?'
'I have been sent here to ask you about your daily life. Have you caused any trouble?' I shook my head and Mark spoke up. The nerve that idiot had astounded me sometimes.
'We look after her.' The vampire turned to Mark and Jackson.
'Hm, full blood vampires. Tell me, does she live with the two of you?' Mark shook his head, going to answer but getting interrupted by Jackson.
'She lives with her breather grandparent's sir.' The vampire turned to me.
'Living with breathers? Have you attacked them?' I shook my head.
'No sir.'
'Do you drink breather blood?'
'No sir.'
'Do they know what you are?'
'Yes sir.' The vampire thought for a moment.
'Well little half breed it seems you're not as dangerous like your father stated.' My eyes widened in shock.
'My father?' The vampire nodded.
'He came to us last night claiming you were causing havoc, however it seems he was wrong. But if I were you, next time don't go attacking that father of yours.' I nodded.
'Ok.'
'Half breed, you can stay here and live with the breathers, but I must wipe their memory of you being a half breed. They will see you as a breather, one of them. If their memories recover because you cause that to happen, by them catching you feed off an animal, you will be executed. Understand?' I nodded and the vampire disappeared. Mark scratched his head.
'That was nothing like I thought it would be like.' Jackson and I nodded in agreement.