Together

I was woken up on the first day of the holidays by my phone ringing loudly next to my ear. I fumbled around until I found it and answered the call.
'Why are you calling me this early in the morning?'
'Kora, it's eleven in the morning.'
'That's still early, Kai.'
'Whatever. Get up. I'll be there in half an hour.' He hung up and I slid out of bed. The things I do for that moron. I got changed, brushed my hair and had some blood that I had hidden in my room. Someone knocked on the door and I heard Sue answer it.
'Oh, Kai. Hello.'
'Hi Mrs Henry. Is Kora home?' I rolled my eyes. The idiot calls me to say he's coming over, already knowing I'm home and yet still asks if I'm here? What the hell? I don't understand him sometimes.
'Yes she is. Kora!' I nodded at myself in the mirror, chucked on some shoes and went downstairs. Kai smiled at me from the doorway as Sue walked past me.
'Have fun you two.' I waved goodbye and walked out the door with Kai.
'I think your grandma thinks we're going out on a date.' I nodded, secretly wanting it to be. I licked my lips, remembering the kiss from the other day. I stopped walking and looked at Kai.
'Hey Kai...'
'Yeah?'
'About yesterday...in the studio...' Kai froze before he kept walking, me following him.
'I'm not apologizing.' I stared at Kai's back as he walked ahead of me.
'I wasn't asking for an apology...'
'Then why bring it up?' I took in a deep breath before letting it out.
'Do you like me?'
'No.' My heart sank.
'Then why'd you kiss me?'
'Just drop it already.' I went silent and kept my head down. He kissed me but says he doesn't like me...why is this so confusing? Kai shoved his hands in his pockets and headed onto the path in the woods.

I followed him quietly, afraid to start a conversation in case he thought I was still talking about the kiss. I thought about what he said then realized something.
'You said you won't apologize for it but you're saying you don't like me? What do you mean?' Kai spun around on his heels and looked at me.
'Are you seriously still going on about that stupid kiss?' I glared at him, losing it.
'It wasn't stupid! I just want to know why you don't regret it but are saying you don't like me!' Kai stared at me as I raised my voice.
'What, so I can't kiss you?' I growled, shoving him backwards.
'Not if it doesn't mean anything to you!' Kai stumbled, his back hitting a tree trunk. He glared at me, walking towards me until I had my back pressed against the trunk of a tree.
'Why are you so caught up with this?!' I finally lost it and screamed.
'Because I like you!' Kai stared at me as I huffed and looked down at my feet.
'You clearly don't feel the same way.' I pushed him away.
'I'm not someone you can play with. Go find some other girl you can kiss because you feel like it.' I started walking off, hearing Kai following me.
'Kora wait!' I started running, knowing my vampire speed will give me an advantage. I kept running until I couldn't hear him anywhere nearby. I slumped down onto the ground, leaning against a tree. Tears fell down my cheeks as I buried my face in my hands. I sat there in the woods for a while, crying for some time before I ran out of tears. I heard footsteps approaching me, but I ignored them.
'Kora...' I looked up, my eyes narrowing.
'What the hell do you want?!' Kai looked down at me, his face apologetic.
'I'm sorry...' I stood up, wiping my eyes fiercely.
'Don't apologize. You made it clear you don't like me. So thanks for telling me otherwise I would've continued to make an idiot of myself.' I walked past him, bumping his shoulder as I did. However, he grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him. I hit his chest, looking up wanting to yell at him but his lips crashed against mine. My eyes slid shut, my brain telling me to pull away but my body wouldn't respond.

We stood kissing each other for a few minutes. Kai's arms wrapped around my waist, my arms wrapped around his neck. Once he pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine.
'Kora, when I said I didn't like you it's because I love you.' My eyes widened and I smiled.
'Kai...' Kai continued.
'And I'm sorry I let you walk away earlier. I'm sorry for all the times I've hurt you and made you cry. I promise I'll never hurt you again.' I smiled and hugged him. He hugged me back, resting his chin on my head.
'I'll treat you well Kora, I promise.'
'I trust you Kai. I promise that I'll be a good little half breed.' Kai laughed and patted my head.
'So the shortie finally admits she's short.' I glared up at Kai and crossed my arms.
'Meanie.' Kai chuckled and grabbed my hand.
'Kora Hyde, will you be my girlfriend?' I smiled and nodded.
'I'd would love to.' Kai grinned and kissed me again. Once he pulled away, he had a giant smile on his face.
'Stop smiling like that.'
'Why?'
'Because it's creepy.'
'I can't help it I'm just so happy.'
'You're so cheesy.' Kai laughed.
'Want to go to mine? We can invite Mark and Jackson over as well.' I almost agreed until a memory floated into my head.
'What about your parents? Didn't they think you killed us?' Kai shook his head.
'They know I didn't kill you guys. They're not happy but I told them that you guys were under my protection, which in the world of hunters means that no other hunters can touch you guys. So, you're safe.' I nodded and pulled out my phone, clicking on Mark's number. I put the phone to my ear and waited. He picked up after the second ring.
'Hey Kora, what's up?'
'Kai wants to know if you two wanna come over to his place.'
'Yeah sure, we'll meet you in town?'
'Yep. See you soon.'
'Cya.' I pocketed my phone and turned to Kai.
'They'll meet us in town.' Kai nodded and grabbed onto my hand. We walked through the woods and headed to town. We waited in the centre of town for Mark and Jackson. Jackson was the first to spot us and ran over, dragging Mark behind him. I laughed and waved at my two friends as they got to us.
'Kora! You're holding hands!' Jackson squealed and Kai wrapped his arms around me.
'Yeah. She's mine now.' I blushed as Mark and Jackson laughed at me.
'Aw Kora's embarrassed.' I scowled and Kai kissed my cheek.
'Stop being so cute.' I smiled and the four of us headed to Kai's house. Kai and I walked in front of Mark and Jackson for once. Kai held my hand, swinging them between us sometimes, other times he would run his thumb across my hand. Cute little actions like those made me smile. For my first ever boyfriend, Kai was a good choice. I couldn't see myself letting him go, ever.

We walked up Kai's drive way and to his front door. Once he opened the door, Kai lead us inside and pass the lounge room where his parents were.
'Kai, what are vampires doing in our home?' Kai rolled his eyes.
'Because they're my friends and they can stay as long as they'd like to.' Kai's parents glared at us we walked past the lounge room. Kai took us upstairs and we all ended up in his room. Once he opened the door to his room, Mark, Jackson and I all gasped. His room was huge! On the far left wall he had a giant flat screen television with a gaming console and one large elbow couch. On the far right wall was a big wall length mirror that dance studios have. A big stereo sat at the base of the mirror. In the middle of the back wall was his big double bed. Photos lined some of the empty walls, and a bathroom was behind a door across from the bed to our right. In front of the mirror was dance studio flooring. This kid was rich and spoilt.
'Kai your room is freaking huge!' Mark and I nodded at Jackson's comment while Kai shrugged.
'I mainly needed a big room for the dance space.' I turned to my boyfriend, eyes wide.
'Can I dance?' Kai laughed and nodded. I jumped up and ran over to the mirror and dance floor. I plugged my phone into the stereo, selected a song and started dancing.
'This floor is so much better than the one at school!' Kai smiled.
'Yeah it is.' Mark and Jackson made themselves comfortable on the couch and started playing on Kai's PlayStation. Kai decided to join me in dancing and we danced our choreography we performed the other day in the end of term assembly.
'Kai, you're PlayStation is awesome. You don't mind if we come over often do you?' Kai laughed.
'Nah, you guys are always welcome here.' Kai turned to me and grinned.
'What?' He walked over to me and hugged me.
'Nothing. Just, I love you.' I smiled and shoved him away.
'You stink, go have a shower.' Kai laughed and walked into the bathroom.

I sat down on the couch, watching Mark and Jackson play the PlayStation. Jackson wrinkled his nose and looked at me.
'Kora you really smell. Have a shower or something.' I rolled my eyes at Jackson as a towel was dropped into my lap along with clothes.
'Yeah Kora, go have a shower.' I poked my tongue out at Kai but obeyed him. After a few minutes in the shower, I got out, dried off and put on the clothes Kai gave me. I walked out of the bathroom in trackies that were too big for me and one of Kai's hoodies. Kai looked over at me from the couch and smiled.
'Aw you look so cute.' I walked over and he pulled me into his lap. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I fell asleep for a few hours before going home.