Family Trip

I woke up, still wearing Kai's hoodie and trackies. Siting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I looked at my phone, noticing I had a missed call from Kai ten minutes ago. I picked up my phone and dialed Kai's number. After the first ring, he picked up.
'Kora! You finally picked up your phone.'
'I was asleep and you called me once.' Kai laughed.
'Yeah. Me and my parents are going away for a while...on a family trip.' My eyes widened and I leaned against my headboard.
'A trip...'
'Kora, I'm going to come back. Don't worry okay?'
'Okay.'
'I'll call you every day, I'll call you on my way home. I will be back.'
'Okay.'
'Can you at least come over and say goodbye?' I smiled.
'Yeah, I'll be there soon.'
'Okay. I love you.'
'I love you too.' I hung up and got changed, putting Kai's clothes into a bag to give back to him. I jumped out my window so I didn't wake up Sue as John had left for work, and ran to Kai's.

When I got there, his parents were packing the car. Kai was sitting on the steps, raising his head and smiling when he saw me. He got up and jogged over to me, pulling me in for a hug.
'I'm going to miss you when I'm gone.' I hugged him back, the bag falling to the ground.
'Don't go...'
'I have too Kora. My parents have a hunting job they need to do and I have to go to do an assessment.' I pouted and he pulled back so he could see my face.
'Please stay.' Kai kissed my forehead.
'I'll come home soon, I promise.'
'What if something happens to you?'
'Nothing will happen to me.'
'But something could go wrong unexpectedly.'
'I'll be fine angel, I promise.' I blushed at the nickname and hugged him tighter.
'I'll miss you.'
'I'll miss you too.' I lifted my head and Kai kissed me. We kissed for a little bit until I remembered his parents were here and pulled away.
'Kora~' I ignored Kai's whining and handed him the bag.
'Thanks for letting me borrow them.' Kai smiled and pulled out the hoodie before putting it on me.
'What are you...?'
'I'm giving my hoodie to you.'
'Why?'
'Because I want to.' I let him put it on me and once he was done, he grinned.
'Aw my angel looks so cute.' I blushed and he kissed my cheek.
'Kai! Let's go.' Kai nodded at his mother and turned to me again.
'I'll see you soon okay?' I nodded and he hugged me before he got into the car. I waved him off as the car drove off down the driveway and out of sight. I headed back home and climbed back in through my window, almost falling back out again when Jackson's face popped up in front of me.
'AH! What the hell Jackson?! You scared me!' I climbed into my room and sat on my bed.
'Sorry.'
'Why are you here?' Jackson frowned.
'My mother wanted to talk to Mark and he told me to leave so I came here.' I nodded and patted the space on the bed next to me. Jackson sat down and put his head on my shoulder.
'I hope mother doesn't hurt him.' I put my arm around Jackson's shoulders.
'So anyway, where's Kai?'
'He and his parents are going on a hunting trip.'
'Oh.'
'Yeah.' We sat side by side, in silence for a while until Mark came in through my window, drenched in blood.

Jackson sprang to his feet in seconds and ran over to Mark.
'Are you okay?!' Mark smiled.
'I'm fine.'
'But the blood!'
'It's not mine.' Jackson stepped back.
'Mothers...?' Mark shook his head.
'Fathers...?' Mark shook his head again.
'Then who's?'
'Just an animals. Kora can I borrow your bathroom?' I nodded and he walked into the bathroom, closing the door.
'It's not animal blood is it Jackson?' Jackson shook his head.
'It's my mothers and fathers...he just didn't want to tell me.'
'Why is he covered in their blood?'
'Because they fought and he won, as always.'
'Did he kill them?' Jackson shrugged.
'I doubt it but, he could've.' Mark's voice travelled from the bathroom.
'I didn't kill them. They're just injured. They fled again.' Jackson sighed and fell back on my bed.
'They won't come home for a while now. Mark drained them of their strength.' I looked at Jackson before my phone rang.
'Hello?'
'Kora~ I want to come home.' Kai whined on the other end of the line. I laughed at my boyfriend's complaining.
'Then why'd you go in the first place?'
'Because I had too.' I knew he had a pout on his face by the way he was speaking.
'Aw the poor baby.'
'You're finding this amusing aren't you?'
'Extremely.'
'I hate you.'
'Love you too.'
'Kora~ take me home~' I laughed as Mark came out of the bathroom.
'I would if I could Kai.' Kai continued his whining for another half hour before he stopped.
'This place is really creepy.'
'How so?'
'I think it's haunted.' Jackson laughed next to me, causing Kai to question me. Mark just smiled at Jackson.
'Is that Jackson?'
'Yeah, you're on speaker.' Jackson grinned and spoke to the phone. Mark hugged Jackson from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder.
'Hello Kai.'
'How long have I been on speaker?' I giggled.
'Since I answered the phone.' Kai groaned.
'Kora, I'd appreciate it if you took the phone off speaker.' I decided to have some fun.
'But why~?' Kai went silent for a moment.
'Kora, do not start with the cute voices.' I grinned and continued.
'Why does it have to go off speaker~?' Kai sighed.
'Because I only want to hear my angel's voice.' I blushed and Jackson made puking noises next to me.
'Shut up Jackson! You and Mark are no better.' Jackson stuck out his tongue and rolled over, resulting in him falling off the bed.
'OW!' I burst into laughter and took Kai off speaker.

I put the phone to my ear, still laughing. Mark helped Jackson off the floor, hugging him close while trying to contain his laughter.
'Kora? Why are you laughing?'
'Because Jackson just fell off the bed.' Kai chuckled.
'Am I off speaker now?'
'Yes Kai, you're off speaker.'
'Good.'
'You're such a child.'
'Princess.'
'Brat.'
'Doofus.'
'Dork.'
'I've got nothing left...'
'Me neither...' Kai chuckled on the other end of the line.
'I have to go now. I'll call you tomorrow.'
'Okay, bye.'
'Bye Kora. I love you.'
'I love you too Kai.' He hung up and I put my phone away.
'You guys are so cute.' I glared at Jackson, kicking him and Mark off my bed.
'Shut up...' I placed my head on my pillow, my phone right next to me in case it rings later on. Mark and Jackson finally got off the floor and headed to the window.
'See you tomorrow Kora.' I got up and waited by the window as they made their way over to it.
'Yeah, bye.' Once they jumped out of my window I closed it and locked it so they wouldn't come back in tomorrow morning while I'm asleep. I went back to bed and fell asleep.