Missing

I sat in the lounge room, Kai next to me. Mark and Jackson had gone out a few hours ago, saying that they were going to try and track down Sue and John. Kai put an arm around my shoulders and rubbed my arm.
'They'll come home. Maybe they're just running late.' I leaned into Kai's side when the doorbell rang. Kai got up to answer it and I heard voices.
'Who are you?'
'I'm Kai Jekyll sir.'
'Do you know the Henry's?'
'No sir, but I know their granddaughter.'
'Is she home?'
'Yeah. I'll get her.' Kai came back into the lounge room, his face full of worry.
'Kai? What's wrong?' Kai grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. Standing on my front porch was two police officers.
'Can I help you?' The police officers stared at me. The one whose voice I heard earlier spoke up.
'Are you Sue and John Henry's granddaughter?' I nodded.
'Yeah.' The police officers stepped forwards.
'May we come in?' I nodded and let them in. I lead them into the lounge room and sat down on a couch across from the two officers. Kai sat next to me, his hand still holding mine.
'What's your name?'
'Kora.'
'Well Kora, your grandparents were supposed to arrive home at eight this morning am I correct?'
'Yes.'
'But they didn't?' I nodded and the officer kept questioning things.
'Did they say where they were going?' I shook my head, not remembering being told by Sue or John where they were going.
'Well thank you. Can we look around?' I nodded and watched as they got up and started looking around. After an hour and a half the officers left, leaving me and Kai alone.
'Kai, what if they don't come back?' Kai pulled me into a hug.
'They'll be home, don't worry okay?' I nodded and hugged him back.
'Do you think you'll be okay by yourself tonight?' I nodded but inside I was freaking out. I wouldn't be able to sleep. Kai, who seemed to be able to see right through me sat down on the couch, pulling me with him. I ended up in his lap and curled up as he hugged me close.
'Do you want me to stay over tonight?' I nodded and buried my head in his chest. I fell asleep like that without knowing. When I woke up, Kai and I were lying down on the couch. He had his arms around my waist and I had my hands clenching onto his shirt. I moved closer, resting my head in the crook of his neck. He pulled me even closer and tightened his grip on my waist. We stayed like that for most of the day until Kai's stomach rumbled. His face turned red in embarrassment and I laughed.
'I'll make some food.' Kai let me go and I got up, making my way to the kitchen. I started making Kai a sandwich and got out some blood from underneath the sink where I had it hidden. I walked back into the lounge room and gave Kai his sandwich. I stayed standing, drinking the blood out of the bottle. Kai munched away on his sandwich, speaking after he finished a mouthful.
'Are you okay?' I nodded, my back to him. I finished off the bottle of blood and turned around. Kai had finished his sandwich. I grabbed the plate and took it into the kitchen. I dumped it in the sink and threw the bottle in the trash. I heard Kai come into the kitchen, but I busied myself with the dishes. He stood, leaning against the wall watching me while I did the dishes.
'You're trying to get your mind off it aren't you?' I shook my head, scrubbing at a plate in the sink. Kai came up behind and his arms reached around me so he was back hugging me.

He took my hands out of the sink, turned on the cold water and rinsed my hands off. Once all the soap was off he dried my hands. I turned around in his grip and faced him. His face was full of worry.
'Are you sure you're okay Kora?' I nodded but he hugged me, once again seeing through me. I wrapped my arms around Kai, leaning my head against his chest.
'Thank you Kai, for staying with me.' Kai looked down at me as I looked up and we both smiled.
'It's no problem Kora. I'm happy that you can rely on me and trust me.' He hugged me tighter and rested his chin on the top of my head.
'Wow, you're actually pretty short aren't you?' I smacked his chest and pulled away, pouting.
'You're so mean.' Kai laughed and reached out for me.
'Kora~ I'm sorry.' I shook my head and walked into the lounge room, biting down on my lip so I didn't smile. Kai walked into the lounge room, hugging me from behind.
'Kora I'm sorry~' I started laughing and Kai let me go. I turned to face him and he had a frown on his face.
'Kora that was mean.'
'Kai~ don't be mad please.' Kai sighed.
'Don't give me the puppy - oh come on Kora not the puppy eyes.' I widened my eyes, begging.
'Please don't be mad at me~' Kai groaned, giving in.
'Okay, okay, you win.' I grinned and sat down on the couch. Kai sat beside me and I stared into the fire place. Memories made their way back into my head. Memories of Sue and I talking together and laughing while the fire crackled behind us made my eyes water.
'Kora?' I looked at Kai and he pulled me by my arm until I was engulfed by his arms. I started trembling.
'What if they don't come back? What if they're gone?' Kai stroked down my back.
'They'll come home Kora, I promise.' We stayed like that for a while, just hugging each other. I had no idea if the only family I had left (apart from my brother but I had no idea where he was or if he was still alive) were ever going to come back. Were they alive? Or are they dead? If they were dead I had no idea what I would do. Maybe I'd have to try and find Drake...maybe I'd stay with someone. All these thoughts were invading my mind, making me overthink everything. Maybe Sue and John had decided to extend their trip but couldn't get telephone reception so they couldn't call me and let me know. I just wanted them home. Kai and I eventually fell asleep side by side on the couch. He had his arms wrapped around my waist while my head rested on his shoulder.

I woke up the next morning cold. Sitting up, I looked around and stared at the old clock that stood in the far corner of the lounge room. It read eight o' clock in the morning. I nudged Kai's side and he stirred.
'Kai get up. We'll be late for school.' Since I had my back to Kai, I didn't know he rolled over until I heard a thump.
'Ouch.' I turned around to see Kai lying on the floor.
'Roll over too far did you?' Kai nodded as he sat up.
'Do we have to go to school?' I nodded, got off the couch and headed upstairs to my room. I changed my clothes and went back downstairs. Kai waited for me at the door and we headed out. We got into town and Kai stopped.
'I'm gonna go home and change my clothes. See you at school?' I nodded and he walked off. I started walking down the road, distracted once again as my thoughts travelled back to Sue and John. I didn't hear the warning yell, nor did I hear the car horn. It wasn't until I was yanked off the road by a pair of strong arms did I realize what happened. I had almost been hit by a car.
'Geez Kora, are you trying to kill yourself?' I turned around and stared at Mark.
'Sorry...' Jackson popped up behind Mark, his eyes staring at me.
'Are you okay? You seemed distracted by something.'
'My grandparents are missing...I can't get that off my mind. Did you two find anything when you tried tracking them?' Mark and Jackson each put an arm around me.
'No. But hey, they'll come home, don't worry so much.' Jackson nodded at Mark's comment and looked around.
'So where's Kai? I thought he stayed over at yours last night?'
'He went home to change. He said he'll see me at school.' Mark frowned.
'He's not supposed to leave your side. He's supposed to look out for you, yet here you are almost getting hit by a car.'
'What's your problem? Kai isn't my bodyguard and he certainly isn't my boyfriend.'
'No, but he's your friend. He's supposed to look out for you and take care of you.'
'I think you and Jackson do it just fine on your own. I had no idea you guys were even here and yet you saved me. I think having you guys around looking after me is enough.' Mark sighed and Jackson put an arm around his shoulders.
'Come on, let's go to school.' Mark nodded and the three of us walked to school.

Kai met up with us once we walked in through the gates. He had an arm around my shoulders protectively and smiled at me whenever he caught me staring at him. He was hard not to look at. His dark brown hair hung messily around his face and his skin was slightly darker than most Korean boys. His smile could make someone's day and I could listen to his laugh all day. His chocolate brown eyes lit up whenever he smiled and crinkled in the corners. He was really breathtaking. Not that I would ever admit that to him or anyone, except Mark because he's obviously reading my mind. He has that stupid smile on his face that he has whenever he reads my mind when I'm thinking about Kai, he does it on purpose sometimes.
'Mark, can you stay out of my head.' Kai blinked in confusion.
'He's reading your mind?' I nodded, annoyed as Jackson piped up.
'I can turn invisible and Kora has telekinesis.' Kai nodded, impressed.
'I must say Miss Kora, you're full of surprises.' I smiled and we walked into home room. The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it, I was sitting at home on my bed, Kai next to me once again.
'Don't worry Kora. Maybe they broke down or something. I'm sure they'll be home soon.' I flopped onto my back, hitting my mattress.
'I hope you're right Kai.' He laid down next to me and hugged me.
'I'm always right.' I hit his head and he whined.
'You're so full of yourself sometimes.' Kai pouted.
'Whatever.' I smiled and patted his head.
'Stop being so cute.' Kai smiled.
'You think I'm cute?' He tilted his head to the side. I went to reply until a car pulled up in the driveway.