Chapter 13

"Mr. Jeon won't be coming to class today. He told us to do self study and if we have any questions regarding accounting, you can go to the teachers's office and ask him. He'll be there." Mingyu stated as he stood at the front of the class.

"How'd you know?" The rest asked.

"I found him during my way to class and told me to inform you guys about it." Answered Mingyu.

"THAT'S SUCH A GREAT NEWS." I cheered, raising both my hands to the air while grinning cheerfully. All of my friends gave me a death glare instead.

"You know what, Gyeol? IT IS INDEED A GREAT NEWS!" Hansol copied me, raising both his hands to the air. We both ended up laughing because of our stupidity.

"Why, Mingyu? Is Mr. Jeon busy or not feeling well or something? He never missed coming to our class during accounting lesson." Seohee cooed.

"I don't know." Mingyu shrugged.

"Gyeol, take your chair here and sit with me." Seohee instructed me, I was baffled with her suddenly demanding me like that but nevertheless, I brought my chair and sat beside her.

"We're gonna study accounting together!!" She briskly exclaimed making my poker face appeared in an instant.

"That would be fun, I wanna join!" Mingyu grabbed his chair and sat on Seohee's other side. Seeing that, my lips grew into a teasing smirk. Mingyu are clueless as to why I'm suddenly smirking while Seohee is signaling me to stop.

"Why are you suddenly making me study accounting with you." I muttered.

"I'm your bestfriend, Gyeol. I want to help you get credit for accounting. Maybe the boys should join too." She turned her head to the three of them.

"Seungkwan, Hansol, Chan! Why don't you guys come here and join us study accounting? Finals are just less than two months away." Seohee raised an eyebrow to them. The three rushed to us and we all sat in circle, ended up that Seokmin, Minghao and Jihoon joined us too.

"Alright, which topic do you guys want to me explain?" Seohee smiled to the four of us who failed the accounting.

"It would be nice if you could explain us from the very first topic." Hansol suggested.

"Great idea." She smiled.

It's been a long time since I last had fun studying accounting. Accounting used to be my number one favourite subject because just like Seohee and Mingyu, I always have high marks like them too and the three of us would always be in the top 3 highest when it comes to accounting.

-

"Yo.. This is so hard. I need Mr. Jeon to explain me this one." Seohee faked her cry, she've been stress dealing with the same question for almost twenty minutes now.

"I've been stuck with the same question too. I went to Mr. Jeon's office to ask him on how to solve this question but he was nowhere to be seen." Mingyu told her.

"You done?" I asked Jihoon who's marking my test papers. It was test papers from previous exam, I tried to answer the question without anyone helping and asked Jihoon to check for my answers.

"Congrats, you got 21/100." Jihoon handed me my test papers back.

"WHAT?! How could I got 21/100?! I made sure I answered them correctly!" I whimpered like a sulking kid I am.

"Apparently, there's a lot of careless mistakes as well as miscalculations." Jihoon remarked, I started to fake my cry while wiping my invisible tears.

"I struggled so hard to answer them.." I continued to faking my cry and that's when Seokmin suddenly took a seat beside me and snatched my test papers and scanned everything.

"It's okay, Gyeol. There's still time to study." Seokmin patted my back.

"I got 42/100." Chan mumbled.

"Woah, Seungkwan got 49/100! And I got 37/100." Hansol stated.

"The four of you are actually improving. If you guys keep on doing lots of revisions then I'm sure you guys can get credit for your accounting." Jihoon sounded so proud of us which actually gave me the motivation to study more harder.

-

"Hi, Mr. Kwon." I solemnly greeted him the moment I entered his counseling office. Taking a seat infront of him, Mr. Kwon gave me a perplexed look.

"What?"

"You look so.. Down?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you're not gonna come and see me again every Tuesday since you stopped attending Mr. Jeon's extra classes." Mr. Kwon spoke and that actually caught my attention.

"He told you that?"

"Well yeah, he told me that you might as well stop attending this counseling session too." He shrugged at the end of his sentence.

"I was thinking about that actually. But.." I stopped for a moment.

"But?"

"It's just that.. I'm a bit worried? Or curious? I don't know whether it's worried or curious, I just can't seems to stop thinking about it." I mellowly uttered. Mr. Kwon furrowed his eyesbrows upon hearing my utterance.

"What is it, Gyeol?"

"Long story short.." And I told everything that happened between me and Mr. Jeon during our last meeting. Mr. Kwon was surprised at first but then he leaned his back against the chair and is thinking of something right now.

"So like, you don't know if you're curious or worried as to why he haven't teach your class for almost a week now?" Mr. Kwon asked for a confirmation which then I nodded my head as a respond.

"Hm.. I think you're worried. You felt bad and guilty for saying those mean things to him so that's why you're worried because you're scared if the reason why he've been neglecting your class was because of that incident, because of you." Mr. Kwon's statement made my eyes went teary.

"Finals are probably a month away from now and my class are still struggling, they need Mr. Jeon's help I must admit. I think it's my fault, maybe Mr. Jeon got offended by my mean words, urgh I don't know." I punched my head afterwards.

"Hey, calm down!" Mr. Kwon patted my shoulder.

"Gyeol, why don't you try to apologize first? He's a teacher, so of course he would understand and forgive you." Mr. Kwon flashed me a smile of assurance but I was skeptical about it.

"What if he reject my apology."

"Trust me, he won't."

"There's still a lot for me to catch up.. I don't think I can do it by myself, I need Mr. Jeon to help me!" I hurled my palms to the table, producing a loud thud which then I received a death glare from Mr. Kwon.

"But.. I've been a bad student to him. I disrespected him, I disobeyed him, I did everything that students shouldn't do to their teacher! I guess that's why Mr. Jeon hates me and targets me everytime during his class." I clarified grumpily before I started to fake my cry.

"Maybe you're right, Mr. Kwon. You told me that people act the way they are for a specific reason. Maybe Mr. Jeon had a reason. You also told me that students take advantages of kind teachers, maybe you're right about that too.. Maybe that's why Mr. Jeon is strict." I murmured the last sentence before lowering my head.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Mr. Kwon gave me a smile.

-