Ch 13 : Zuri

Zuri turning out to be a winged cat was a surprise, but a welcome one for Athelinda. Since Zuri was not a normal cat, Athelinda concluded she was her divine beast.

Forgetting everything,  Athelinda headed to the library to borrow a book which she although had already read, she wanted to confirm a few things from it.

"Greetings Your Highness." Cedric greeted her as she walked in. Zuri's wings had now returned to their hidden form.

"Greetings to you as well, Sir Cedric I'm looking for books on Divine Beasts."

"Ah, then your highness those would be located in the forbidden section."

The forbidden section was the area where books which were not allowed to public were kept. They mostly consisted of Journals of the previous emperors. Important Documents and other state materials.

To keep the divine beast books in that section made little to no sense.

"Forbidden section? But why?"

"His Majesty had ordered it. I don't have access to that area, if you ask His Majesty for permission, he has the key to that room."

"Okay then, Thank You."

Athelinda now headed to Claude's office with Zuri in hand.

----

Knock

Knock

"Come inside."

Athelinda opened the door and entered.

Creak

"What is it?"

Athelinda rose Zuri high enough for Claude to see. Since Claude didn't respond, Athelinda walked closer to Claude and placed Zuri on the table.

"This is my divine beast." Athelinda rubbed Zuri's back and the wings sprouted once more.

*Meow*

"Since I wanted to learn more about divine beasts I went to the library, but it seems all books on divine beasts have been stored in the forbidden section...so?"

Claude observed the beast on the table and the eldest princess petting the cats head, with a warm smile on her face.

Claude got up from his seat and picked up his documents. He didn't look back and kept walking before saying,

"Let's go."

----

The huge doors opened to reveal a circular shaped library, with shelves within the walls in a circular shape. The library continued till the roof of the circular building, which was after the second floor. 

The library had desks and chairs but not too many since it was only accessible to the emperor and his personal knight.

Claude went ahead and placed his materials on one of the tables and began heading towards a certain spot in the library.

He picked up a few books and placed them on the table as well. Afterwards he searched with his eyes to see where the eldest princess was.

Athelinda was busy looking at all the books in the library as well as the library's interior design. It was all so beautiful. Athelinda had been a lover of books since as long as she could remember.

"Athelinda." Claude called to get her attention. His voice being suprisingly warm.

Athelinda approached Claude and saw a stack of books on the table.

"These are all the books on divine beasts. These books will not leave this library." Claude gestured towards a chair and Athelinda's eyes sparkled with delight.

"I can read them here??"

"Yes. " Claude spoke as he sat down as well. Athelinda was surprised to say the least.

Isn't he going back to his office?

Nope. Claude simply began reading the documents he had brought and looked at Athelinda who was still standing to sit down.

Athelinda felt a bit awkward sitting in front of him and reading books but as soon as she flipped the first few pages she was completely emersed in the book. Zuri was quite an obedient cat herself, as she simply laid down in Athelinda's lap.

Time flew by and before Athelinda knew it, Claude was standing in front of her.

"We can come here tomorrow at the same time. For now this is enough."

Athelinda stood up as well, a bit sad but she learned a few things.

Her divine beast was a hybrid beast, a cat and an eagle she concluded. The books about divine beasts also discussed the owners magic properties.

Magic, Athelinda wanted to try it. There was a whole chapter on it as well in one of the books so she was excited to read that the next day.

They got out of the library and Claude locked the door with a key. Athelinda took a good look at the key. It was made of silver and had an antique style.

After locking the library, Claude looked at Athelinda.

"How's your preparation for my test going?"

"I'll get a perfect score." Athelinda spoke with determination.

"We'll see." Claude patted her head before heading towards his office again.

---

Athelinda went back to Ruby Palace first because she remembered leaving without telling anyone.

"Lin! " Athanasia, who was sitting in the living room of the Palace and playing with a cute creature, called out.

"I'm sorry Athy, I totally forgot about our game and left."

"Forget about that, Look at this!" Athanasia picked up the black furred creature and showed it to Athelinda.

"Is this your divine beast?"

Athanasia nodded.

"His name is Raven!"

"Zuri, introduce yourself as well." Athelinda asked and the white creature walking between Athelinda's legs came forward.

"You have one too?!" Athanasia exclaimed.

"Yep, this is Zuri. A hybrid between a cat and an eagle." Athelinda rubbed her back and poof wings were visible. Athanasia looked surprised by this and fell back.

Athelinda chuckled at her clumsiness.

"Woah, can raven do that too?" Athanasia picked up raven and began petting him from all side hoping he would grow wings, but unfortunately he didn't.

"It's fine,  Raven is still a good boy!"

◇◇◇

Vote and Comment!