Ch 34 : Friends

Athelinda stepped out of that room to see Noah waiting outside to escort her.

Noah didn't engage in much conversation with Athelinda, not just now but ever since they came to Arlanta. Noah wasn't shy, he was just quiet.

And Athelinda liked that about him. Although she had nothing against Felix, she liked quieter escorts more.

And so this escort was a quiet one as well.

Athelinda reached the main building and saw Lucas standing there.

Lucas escorted Athelinda within the building, as knights weren't allowed inside.

"Where's father?" Athelinda asked.

"One of your teachers met him and took him for a tour around the classrooms. And to introduce him to your teachers."

"Did I take too long to get ready?"

"No, the teacher met him outside and began discussing the accusation situation. But there were students scurrying here and there to see their results, so he suggested to discuss if further in his classroom."

Athelinda nodded.

As they approached the classroom, Athelinda realized which teacher it was. Silvester Wykes. The Language teacher.

She opened the door and entered inside, to notice a rather nice atmosphere. Claude and Silvester were sitting around a desk. Both of then quiet, deep in thought.

"Pardon me for taking so much time."

Claude's eyes darted towards Athelinda and he immediately stood up.

"Nonsense, I talked with your teacher in the meantime."

"What. . . did you talk about?"

"Your grades, participation in class, and overall behavior as a student. Complaining about students to their parents is one of the fun parts, but apparently there's nothing to complain about when it comes to you." Silvester spoke as he stood up.

Okay, Athelinda knew they definitely would talk about her academic situation, but Lucas said they went to the classroom to discuss the false accusation.

Athelinda stared at the two men and asked, "Okay, thank you, and what about the false accusation?"

"You needn't concern yourself with that, I'll take care of it." Claude assured her as he carefully patted her head so as to not ruin her hair.

Athelinda just smiled and said okay, before leaving with Claude.

As soon as they were out, Claude spoke quietly. "This teacher of yours. . . is trustable. If you ever get into another problem, just tell him."

Athelinda blinked a few times, processing that.

Okay, they definitely talked about something. Athelinda just sighed in defeat before mumbling, "Okay."

The rest of the meetings with the teachers went quite nicely. Not suprisingly, every teacher only praised Athelinda and whispered about how they know the accusation of cheating was a false one.

Athelinda felt kind of upbeat after all the discussions.

"Now, would you introduce me to your friends."

Athelinda headed to the cafeteria since it was time for the evening snacks, and the group would always gather for it there.

But when she reached there, she only saw Rosalia sitting on the bench.

"Greetings, Your Majesty, Princess." Rosalia purposely dragged the last word to tease Athelinda, who just rolled her eyes.

"I'm Rosalia Heinrich." Rosalia smiled. "I must say Your Majesty, Athelinda really takes after you in your good looks!"