Ch 31 : Accusation

"There must be a misunderstanding." Athelinda replied. "I was studying at the library the night before the exam. You can ask my friends to testify."

"We found the answer sheet of the exam in your room, in your desk drawers." Professor Po explained.

Athelinda narrowed her eyes in confusion.

Isabelle placed the stapled pile of pages on the professors desk and Athelinda quickly went throw the sheets. It was the answer sheet of todays exam.

"You're saying it was in my room?"

"Not just this but apparently you have quite the high score in the exam. But to think it was because you cheated!" Isabelle acted as if she was disappointed.

"Miss Quweez here found these sheets on your desk."

"And you believe her?" Athelinda asked, clearly annoyed by this stupid accusation.

"M-My lady! You asked me to steal the sheet from Professor Po's Office a week ago!" The unfamiliar girl with two pigtails shouted.

"I was rude to you on the first day, and I had been thinking about apologizing to you." Isabelle faked tears and walked around Athelinda. "So I came to your dorm last night. I knocked to no reply and soon found the door open. I knew I shouldn't have but I went inside. And on your desk I saw this." She pointed to the answer sheet.

"As I was running out, I ran into Miss Lucy who was crying out of guilt for her actions and we soon brought it to light." Isabelle spoke as if sounding righteous.

Athelinda just rolled her eyes at the pathetic accusation. She looked towards the professor who had an emotionless expression.

"Well if you're done jumping to conclusions, you can leave now." Athelinda told the two.

"Why! What do you mean by-"

"I said, if you're done you can leave. I will explain my alibi to the professor. And I don't need annoying insects disturbing us."

"Young Lady mind your-" Professor Po was about to scold Athelinda but fell silent when Athelinds glared at him with her Jeweled eyes.

Ahem

"The two of you, leave." The Professor instructed and now Athelinda was alone with the professor.

She gave out a sigh and dragged a chair to the professors desk, and sat down.

"Now then Professor, you can't really be believing this story."

"I wish that was true but, the mages of the Academy have checked and they have found your fingerprints on the sheets. If they were placed by another student, there should've been a trace but just your fingerprint and. . ."

"Cabel Ernst." Athelinda spoke.

The professor nodded.

A brief moment of silence remained before the professor began.

"I am aware that Miss Quweez probably pulled some strings here. From the first day since you and your friend stood against her. That wasn't a wise decision. She's dead set on getting you expelled."

"So you know I'm innocent."

"You're a bright student. I'm sure if I give you a different exam sheet right now, you would still be able to solve it." The professor chuckled.

Athelinda smiled slightly.

"And it is because you are a good student that I can only provide this much help. Leave the Academy and return to Obelia. If you get expelled it will stain your name and your family's. So instead of being branded with expulsion. Leave the school instead."

Professor Po advised her. Athelinda just sat there silently.

". . .Professor, how long can you keep this whole incident a secret?" Athelinda asked.

"Don't think about it. Are you gonna prove your innocence? Even if you do, that will only anger the Duke and making him an enemy isn't wise, even for an Alger Obelia."

"Professor." Athelinda stood up. "Don't anger the Duke you say? And what about the emperor? Have you ever seen my father? I should not make the Duke my enemy or should he not anger an Alger Obelia?"

"Everyone here seems to be taking Obelia too lightly. Is it because I'm in Arlanta?" Athelinda spoke to specifically no one. "My father wouldn't mind waging war with a country who dared to wrongly accuse his daughter of something as low as cheating. Obelia has the best mages in all the nations on this continent. And If Duke Quweez still wishes to continue this, then he will face the consequences."

"I will not step down, nor will I run away to my kingdom. I am an Alger Obelia and that spoiled little princess of the Quweez has already insulted me twice. I will not run away from this. If anything, she will be the one who will run." Athelinda warned, her cold icy eyes peering into the professor.

Such intimidation. Truly, she was a princess of her kingdom, and she took pride in her name. And she would not stand that pride being stained in the slightest. Even a minor accusation was enough to awake the beast within her.

"Try to delay this situation as much as possible. By the end of three weeks I will prove my innocence." Athelinda declared as she stepped out of the classroom.

She leaned on the corridor walls after coming out.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths

DEEP BREATHS.

Athelinda calmed down in a few seconds and repeated Lucas's words.

If someone messes with our princess, we will destroy them.

Well about time for Lucas to realize the weight of his words.

Todays letter writing is gonna take quite some time.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Vote and Comment!