Ch 22 : Permission granted

Felix arrived at the scene to see Athanasia clinging to Claude tightly.

"Sire...?"

"Felix. Deal with all the snakes in the Garden."

"Yes."

"Athy!" a voice shouted from afar.

Athanasia rose her face from Claude's shoulder and looked up to see her sister.

Athelinda ran up to the blond male, paying no attention to him, but the girl in his arms.

"What happened?! Are you okay?"

Smack

Claude lightly placed his hand on Athelinda's head. "Sacrifices are needed to achieve certain things. Where did you hear that? "

Athelinda looked up to the emperor with a glare. "A book."

"Lin..." Athanasia spoke in a whisper.
"My hiding spot..."

Claude glared at her and she quieted down. Claude then looked at his knight and the eldest princess, who were looking at them for answers.

"There was a snake in the tree she hid in.", He sighed before walking away.

Athelinda debated whether to follow him or go back to Jade Palace. She chose the latter. But right after she took her first step, a jolt of pain went through her legs. She turned around to see her leg having a reddish color at certain area.

"My lady!" Felix yelled as he noticed it as well. Claude haulted in his movements and turned around.

Felix came up to her and kneeled to inspect her leg. Athelinda also faced downward to inspect it better, but the next thing she knew, Claude was holding her, Athanasia walking up to Felix.

"A bug bite. Which cursed book did you read?"

Athelinda just ignored him, and voiced her own thoughts. "Put me down."

But just as she ignored Claude's question, Claude ignored her.

-----

They were now at Garnet Palace. The sisters were sitting on one couch while Claude on the other.

Sweets decorating the table between them, and Athanasia munching on them obviously.

Soon a knock was heard and in came Lilian York with her greetings.

"Take Athanasia, get her bathed and dressed. And check her body for any bites or bruises. There was a snake where she was hiding." Claude told Lilian and she immediately picked up Athanasia and left.

Leaving Athelinda and Claude.

"I'll be leaving as well." Athelinda stood up but the pain in her leg told her otherwise.

"Stay seated, a magician will be arriving soon enough. "

Athelinda sat down again and began to stare out of the window.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Claude asked her.

Athelinda stared at the colorful table decorated with all kinds of desserts. She picked up a slice of red velvet cake and decided to eat it.

Silence emerged as Athelinda enjoyed her cake and Claude just stared at her.

"...You may take the exam." Claude mumbled.

"Hm?"

"You may take the Annual Leiwister School Entrance exam of Arlanta."

"I see, thank you." Athelinda spoke.