Ch 26 : First Class

"Let's get engaged."

A silence emerged.

. . .

The silence still remained.

. . .

"Uh, Princess?"

. . .

"Ahah! You're speechless by my proposal" Ronald brought his lips to Athelinda's hand and was about to kiss them when,

"I refuse." Athelinda slapped his face before freeing her hand from his grip.

"Thank you for the tour, I hope to never see you again. Happy studying." Athelinda spoke before walking away from the kneeling and confused ginger head, who kept looking back and forth with utter disbelief to what just happened.

------
Athelinda returned to her room tired and . . . tired. Thankfully, Cassandra had set up the whole room so neatly, Athelinda felt glad to bring her along.

Athelinda became comfortable on the bed, and was served orange juice by Cassandra soon after. Noah stood outside the room.

The day passed quickly. Classes were supposed to start the next day at sharp six o'clock. Athelinda being the diligent student she is, woke up early and got ready five minutes early, then leisurely walked to the First-Years Building.

She enjoyed the morning breeze and suprisingly saw no other student in sight. This made her nervous. And so she began overthinking.

Was today really the first day for class? Did I wake up too early? Even in the girls dormitory, I saw no one on the third floor!  Ahhh, I'm scared, I don't wanna go to class! What if I do something wrong? what if the professors aren't there as well! I should turn back.

Athelinda stopped walking. She was about to turn back when she remembered Lucas's words.

I. . . should have more confidence and trust in myself.

Athelinda gave out a deep sigh. Its not her fault she's thinking this way. The Academy is super weird. The first student she talked to was some narcissistic brat and she hasn't talked to a single girl her age. She hasn't even met a single professor  she was so excited to meet.

Athelinda was disappointed. She didn't think a day like this would arrive but, she wanted to go home. Go back to Obelia. 

"Good morning." She heard a voice from behind her. She turned to see white hair and golden eyes.

". . . good morning." She replied, a bit late.

"First year?"

"Yes. . ."

"Great, I'm one too. Let's walk to the building together." The boy replied.

"Sure." Athelinda replied slightly uplifted by seeing another student.

"You have no idea how nervous I was a moment ago. I thought I woke up too early. Believe it or not, I saw not a single student in the dormitory. " The boy spoke with a hint of relief.

"Well, that makes the two of us."

"Woah really?"

"Yep." Athelinda answered in a small voice.

". . .I'm not from Arlanta, and this is my first day, so I nearly died of anxiety when I stepped out of dorm."

"Same for me."

The boy stopped and began staring at Athelinda.

"I'm being honest." Athelinda stopped and stared as well.