(17)Hope Is Shy

Brittany and Ben^^

Woah i thought.

The guy had a very mysterious aura around him and the way he held himself screamed elegance. He helped me pick up my things quickly and i thanked him and ran to my class my thoughts still lingering on his strange eye colour which i couldn't get out of my mind.

Art was something i really like doing even though I am not really good at it. I just love the moment when you forget everything and just concentrate on the beauty of colours you are filling. It's phenomenal. I tried to capture the colour of that boys eyes but failed miserably. I was not sure if it was because of his unique eye colour which i couldn't even find in my palette or my lack of alertness.
I tried to paint a guy with no expression except for his eyes and in the end I felt stupid with the results.

After school i went home with Alonzo. He came to check on me a few times during school so he already knew what happened and unsurprisingly enough so did all my other brother's. The most weird thing that happened today would totally be the reactions i got from people when they get to know me and who my brother's are.

It's like they are scared , shocked, in awe , jealous or all of the above. It makes me a bit suspicious of their general reputation or maybe they were troublemakers in school and hence the apprehension of teachers.

But the most surprising thing has to be that nobody bothered me or tried to bully me. I have always associated school with some sort of bullying which was surprisingly not the case. It felt good but unnatural.

After reaching home i made sure to complete my homework. I am a time freak. When you ask me to meet me at some time i will reach at the exact time and i hate piling up my work, it gives me anxiety.

After completing my work i went down and watched the movie baby driver with Alonzo and the twins. During dinner everyone asked me about my day and i told them with equal enthusiasm.

However i could detect some sort of tension in the air i decided to ignore it. Things were looking up for me for the first time in forever.
I felt more at ease and a bit happier.

Next day at school was the same. I spent time with my new friends who are very sweet. I don't talk much but they don't make me feel left out. They are also a little wary of Alonzo and in general my family but i think it makes sense since they look really scary.

After school ended i went towards Alonzo's car but was surprised to see Nicòlo instead.

"Alonzo had extra computer classes today for some program " was all he explained.

His presence and in general was scary to me . Moreover i think he did not like the idea to spend time with me so i was on the edge.
On the way i saw the ice cream shop where Alonzo and Elio usually take me and i think i looked at it longingly enough for Nicòlo to notice. He parked the car and said
"You coming" with a straight look.

I couldn't help but smile and follow him.
He didn't go inside the ice cream shop and kept walking and i followed him since i won't question him. He is scary. After a minute of awkward silence he said

"Since you are only allowed to eat ice cream twice a week which i know you aren't following. Do you want to try something different?"
Eduardo said that eating ice cream daily is not good but Elio usually helps me out without any of the brother's knowing. Guess we were wrong.
I replied with an unsure sure because I was still a little wary of him.

He bought some sort of drink called 'mojito' and some fries and got them packed.

"I want to show you something while we have our snacks"