(18)Hope Is A Lie

POV ELENA VITALE
12 Years back
Location Vitale Mansion

I lied.

I am a traitor and i will die with that burden. For the first time i felt like i failed everywhere in life. Looking at my daughter one last time before giving her to Marien. She will take her to the orphanage and then disappear. Marien has cancer and around 2 more months to live so i can trust her with my daughter's location.

I looked at the little chit that they kept in Nelli's pocket

We know what you did with the Greeks and us. Surrender yourself and give up the information or else your secret will be out Agent 0161 and your precious family at stake.

My secret.
I was never a normal girl. I was a trained undercover spy with no records of existence.

My first big assignment was the fall of Greek mafia. Which with my information our team was able to perform.

Our team is governments dirty secret.

Next mission retrieve blackmail material from British. I did but at that time i met Aristede Vitale. His mysterious cold personality drew me in.  And his well known reputation of being vicious in fights made me curious. He was and is an engima but the moment i got too close too him i was bound to fall and fall hard i did. He was cold because he only cared for the ones he love , he was mysterious but only to keep people out of his business. And before i knew he became my dream. A forbidden dream.

In the end i chose him. I killed Agent0161 with all the information and made a life for myself. It was beautiful and i was happy. But my past was catching on.

I never told anyone about this. I was afraid of loosing everything i gained. For the Italians i was just an orphan in the British mafia who became their mafia queen.

After some time tension start brewing between British and Italians. This made our family crumble and hurt.

To help my love win from the British i gave all the secrets i knew to him. It was wrong for me to interfere but I wanted a safe haven for my hope my daughter. Everything was going well until they got to know my secret.

Even after so many years i tried telling Aristede my lie but couldn't. I was a traitor and a coward and now with my children on line i have to rectify my mistake. It was wrong for me to lie but all my life was spent in different orphanage until i turned 16 where they took young girls to become spies , serial seducer and get information to take down Mafia.

I was a victim in my eyes but i betrayed my loved ones. Which will always have consequences. Looking at the family and life that i have made i can only think of one conclusion, their happiness and i know if Hope dies then we will all loose it. Aristede no matter how bad of a job he does can never be wrong in my eyes. Maybe love is blind but i respect his ideals of life.

He has loved and protected his family for a long time. And now it's my turn. Hope will be safe in the orphanage and if someone took her, i will do a background check on them and keep them under check. A selfish part of me does not want her to have any family other then ours but I have no choice.

After bidding my daughter one last goodbye i went back to business. According to the intel i have received, the British will be attacking us within this week. I need to protect my children and help Aristede. I will come clean to him. No more lies and no more betrayals.

I found him in our room. He was working on his laptop intently. He was stressed because of the threats. We haven't told each other about it but we both know.

I took a deep breath and called him. He looked up at me and gave me a small smile.
"I want to tell you something" i said in a serious voice.
He closed his laptop and looked me urging me with his eyes to go on.

So I told him everything I knew. Everything i am and everything i have planned to get out of this mess. He was stunned when he got to know that I was a part of a secret organization but he was truly furious when I told him about Agnelle.
"How could you?" He said i an accusing voice. He was going to have an outburst but i interrupted him. I told him about the threat notes and about my plan to bring out the traitor.

We planned to bait him by bringing the fake baby with us to the hospital. What we didn't know was that the plan backfired.

The British mafia never wanted Agnelle or me. They just wanted to keep someone captive so that they could acquire the whole Italian mafia.

And before taking my last breath i looked in the eyes of my murderer and discovered hope is a lie.

______________________
Small chapter after a very long time. I am Sorry!!!!
But i promise to try to be more active from now on.
On a different note. How are you liking the book so far?

Also thank you very much for 27k. Even though I am not punctual at all. You guys supported me which means a lot 💞✨.

Next chapter will be out soon. I promise.

Click the orange ⭐ for supporting.
Adios beautiful humans
                                                         ~🐿️