(1) Chilling Commotion

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

As she stopped to catch her breath, she looked back. She leaned forward with her hands firmly pressed to her knees, a heavy feeling weighing on her shoulders as she tried to capture the sight before her. It had all happened out of nowhere. Her shortcut through the woods of Pine Ridge Park turned into a rouse of panic. A feeling she never felt walking that path. A moment in time where she could not depict reality from fantasy. The hairs on her arms rose as she felt her heart thumping against her chest.

She had been staring at the trees, admiring the bright green leaves stemming off the branches that varied in lengths and fell in different directions. She had worn the grass into nothing but dirt from years of crossing feet. A daily routine of traveling on her favorite walking path turned into a frightful scene the moment she felt the first rumble. The first rumble stopped the quick strides and caused the girl to freeze in fear. The disruption in her routine set an overwhelming fear of change in her mind as a dark cloud formed just above the trees with strikes of lightning flowering through as if they were going to strike down at any moment.

Echoes of clashing metal floated through the wind with each gust. The gusts were rough, threatening to swoop in and consume anything in sight. Shouting voices followed and drifted into her senses. Everything in her was telling her to run away as quickly as she could. To escape the lurking noises and commotion, but her subconscious pulled her in the opposite direction. Right into the commotion - revealing the most beautiful yet terrifying sight she could come across. She couldn't pull her eyes from the scene. The sight was incredible and her jaw dropped in disbelief. She remembered hearing about something like this once before but she could hardly believe the scene unfolding in front of her.

The bright suits caught her attention first. Red, Pink, and Blue figures in very distinct suits with a white zig zagged pattern centered across their chest jumped around fearlessly as they clashed their swords against the soldier. They dressed in a purple and silver metal suit that conformed perfectly to their body. They were maneuvering around statues covered in moss and overgrown vines that meticulously weaved around the crevices. Her eyes widened, watching the beings fight one another and in that moment, she knew she had to tell someone about the sight she had just witnessed - to prove to herself that she was not crazy.

She could barely make her feet move as one of them spotted her. They jumped in their direction, ready to defend them if the one they were fighting against were to come charging toward her. Anna's eyes widened in excitement and fear. She wanted to stay and watch the commotion but the hairs on her arm raised and the voices told her to get far away.

"Run!" They said, "Run!"

So, she ran to the one person she thought would believe her. She quickly darted back down the path towards her home, hopping over the rocks in her path and rushing down the concret towards her street. When her house was in sight, she picked up her pace. She barely could wrap her hand around the door handle as she busted the door open, trying to catch her breath and call out at the same time. She tripped in the doorway, catching herself on the back of the couch as her chest heaved with the air she was trying to consume.

"Dad!" her voice trembled when she shouted his name, immediately capturing his attention from another room when she stormed into the house with pure panic rushing through her body.

"Anna? What's wrong?" her dad, Kurt, rushed right over to her and started looking his daughter over for any bodily injuries that he might see on the surface.

"Dad, you're not going to believe this!" she roughly shoved his hands from her and used the couch to hold her balance as the sight played in her mind.