(19) New Nightfall

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Sometimes things in life happen in mysterious ways. No set plan, no direction, and no certainty of the outcomes. With that comes trying times. Time where it's important to remain calm and trust those around you. Times where everyone must step up and do their part - no matter how little or significant it may be. Everybody could help in some way, even if that something was to stay out of the way.

This was not the case for Anna Pierce.

She had one job - distract Void Knight while Dr. Akana, Ollie's mother, set the trap for him. Nobody was fond of the bait, but Anna refused to even think about any other option. For all the times they had saved her, she felt it deep in her heart that she owed them this one assistance if it meant putting away Void Knight for good.

Anna didn't know the logistics of how the Rangers and Solon had figured out how to put him down; but they had a solid plan and Anna was just a small fraction of that plan. They went over every little detail with her a million times before Anna told them she had it.

Javi hovered, just as she expected, and she allowed it to make him feel a little better about the situation as Ollie geared her up with a communication piece in her ear so they could hear each other through the whole ordeal.

Her objective was to draw Void Knight out while Dr. Akana got the last missing piece of her device and set it out for Void Knight. Little did he know, it had been tampered with. He was not going to get what he had been trying to steal.

Javi placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before reminding her that she didn't have to do this. She smiled, assuring him that she'd be okay as she prepared to be teleported to the park. She had a model made by Izzy and Amelia of a Sporix egg with her - hoping that it would be enough to draw Void Knight out.

Anna wiggled her shoulders to release some of the tension built up in them as she started walking the park. It was an unusually quiet day in Pine Ridge Park and Anna wondered if the Rangers had planned this part too. Somehow she knew they did - and it made perfect sense.

She looked around the area, grabbing the replica of the sporix egg out of her pocket and holding it in her hand. It looked almost like the real thing. It had to work. Her second objective of the plan was to lay the egg out - and then call the Rangers hotline and pretend like there was a sighting. Void Knight and his screw always seemed to show up when there was a sighting. Afterall, they had always both been going after the same thing. The Sporix Beast - only, the rangers didn't know what he wanted him for other than to build an army.

"Anna, can you hear us?" Javi asked through the coms.

"I can hear you." she whispered back.

"Are you okay?" Zayto asked.

"Yes." she answered.

"Any of them yet?" Javi asked.

"No." she said.

"I still don't like this." Javi sighed.

"I will be okay, Javi." She tried to reassure him, knowing that nothing she said or did would make him feel any better about the situation.

She continued walking around - still feeling helpless as their plan seemed to not work at all. She was starting to feel hopeless, but then he showed his face. They stood at each other in the distance, the fake egg sat in the middle of them and Anna was not going to get in his way of letting him take it.

He stepped closer, picking up and tossing it in his hand. He then looked back at Anna as he closed his hand and crushed the replicate to dust in the matter of seconds. Anna's mouth widened, knowing she should get out of there right away but before her feet could even move, there was a large wave of energy that stemmed from Void Knight crushing the replica.