(18) Adoring Anna

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Everything was put together perfectly. Anna took a step back and admired the work she and everyone else had done. Izzy was keeping Javi distracted and away from Dinohenge while they put together all the new decorations they could scrounge up. With the last few days being ruined in every way possible, Anna and the others were bound to have just one good day between them all. Even if it was for Javi's birthday.

The Happy Birthday banner was off centered between the trees, and the streamers were hanging from random branches, and they taped the balloons all over the Dino statues. There was food all laid out on a table covered with plenty of tinfoil so that bugs couldn't get in it, and a cake with two candles already placed right in it. But none of that matter. All that really counted was the fact that everyone had worked so well together to put all of this together with their friend and Anna hoped that no matter how terrible the party looked, that Javi would love it, anyway.

"Everything looks perfect," Amelia agreed. "Javi is going to love it!"

"I hope so." Anna softly smiled.

"Should we text Izzy and tell her it's go time?" Ollie asked.

"I think it's safe too." Anna looked at him.

"On it." Ollie whipped his phone out and started typing away.

"This was very thoughtful of you Anna." Zayto said.

"Yeah," Aiyon agreed, "Who knew that airhead would have someone as sweet as you to do something like this for him."

"He's been nothing but sweet to me," Anna thought about all his kindness shown, "So it's only fair that I do the same."

"We should all get into place." Amelia suggested.

"Yeah, they'll be here any second." Ollie said.

The group of teenagers all hid behind trees, barely peeking out and watching for Izzy and Javi's arrival. They had to time it right so that they would be jumping out at the same time Javi spotted the decorations first. They had decided to relocate the party to dinohenge since it was ruined at Anna's house by Void Knight and the hengement. They had hoped they would have better chances with it being at their command center. He was less likely to bare his teeth there.

They all hushed each other as they hid behind the trees, watching patiently for the right moment. Anna was feeling a little anxious about it - she just wanted Javi to have a great day on his birthday. He might not like the party, and that would be okay if he didn't, but she was determined to make it a great day anyways.

Any second now...

They could hear their feet shuffling in ths grass and then talking softly as they approached Dinohenge. Anna peeked around the tree, holding her hand out for everyone else to start getting ready to jump out. When they got to the perfect spot, Anna gave them all a thumbs up and they took their cue.

"Surprise!" they all jumped out, cheering for Javi as she looked at everything around them. He had the widest grin on his face and his cheeks were a little pink as he rocked on his feet.

"Happy birthday!" They cheered.

"Awe, you guys did this for me?" Javi asked.

"We all helped." Zayto said.

"But it was Anna's idea." Aiyon added.

"She put a lot of thought into this." Izzy said.

"Yeah, she did a lot of hard work for it." Amelia smiled.