(16) Command Center

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Now that Anna knew the secrets of her friends, they decided it would be a good idea for her to see the base they operate out of. The way Izzy and Amelia described it, it was a haven that was built just underneath Dinohenge. This didn't surprise Anna one bit.

All along, Javi had probably known about the treehouse too and that explained why she seemed to always be running into her there. The other must have been sneakier about it.

Their command center was a place meant only for their eyes, with the exception of Anna's now. She followed the two girls through a little tunnel and into the place. She looked around, seeing all the variations of high tech planted on the walls and in groups of panels.

"There is one more thing we have to tell you," Izzy stood next to her, shifting her weight and looked at her. "It might freak you out."

Anna tilted her head to the side. "What is it?"

"Our mentor, Solon, she's kind of a dinosaur partly." Amelia told her.

"That," Anna paused, "Honestly surprise me."

"Really?" the girls looked at her.

"I mean," she thought about it, "It kind of makes sense. You guys are the Dino Fury rangers. Your powers are inherited from the spirits of dinosaurs and past ranger species, right?"

They nodded at her.

"Then it makes sense. Who else would be a better mentor than a dinosaur. It might sound weird, but is it really weird?" Anna asked.

"She's part cyborg too." Javi interrupted as he casually strolled into the command center with Ollie, Zayto, and an unfamiliar face. Anna looked at the new face and studied it for a second before turning her attention back to Javi and giving him a small smile.

"When can I meet her?" Anna asked.

Javi moved so that he was studying behind Anna and looking over at her shoulder - admiring her while she was admiring everything else.

"Later," Zayto said, "She's out collecting some samples in the woods right now."

"Wow - this place is beautiful." Anna ran her fingers across everything, gently touching it and reading the little words next to each thing, "I really do promise that I'll keep everything a secret."

"We know you will." Javi patted her slightly on her shoulder and then stepped away.

"This is Ayion by the way," Ollie introduced the new face to her, "He joined the team a few days ago."

"Nice to meet you." Anna smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine." he smiled at her as he reached forward and took her hand in his. He cupped her hand and bent down to press his lips to her knuckles. Anna swallowed nervously, unsure of what he was doing. She didn't even know him so she found this encounter strange.

She pulled her hand away and looked up at him briefly before stepping next to Javi. The others in the room could see the steam radiating off of Javi, but Anna was clueless.

"It's nice to meet you too." she nodded.

"You're incredibly beautiful," Aiyon smiled, "I just thought you should know that."

"Thanks." she swallowed.

"Tell me, what are my odds of getting you to go on a date with me?" he asked.

"Uh," she cleared her throat looking up to Javi for help, "Uh..."

"None." Javi answered for her.

"Why's that?" Aiyon asked him.