(15) Recognizing Rangers

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Planning Javi's surprise birthday party was going exceptionally well, with all things considered. As far as Anna knew, Javi was completely unsuspecting of it, and the others were doing all they could to help keep it a secret. She had a clear list of everything needed and she would make sure that everything flowed as smoothly as it could to get everything in order.

Anna got together with the girls to head to the mall. They opted to walk, even though it threatened to rain. They had hoped that rain would hold out long enough while they headed to the mall.

They had one goal for the afternoon and that was to pick up the keytar that Javi loved so much. Anna talked with her hands in her back pockets as the girls chatted as they walked to the mall.

"So what did Javi want the other day when you left the library?" Amelia questioned.

"Oh," Anna instantly started blushing, "He - uh, we..."

Thinking about that night made her miss it. She could see the images clearly in her head as she answered the questions from the girls. She loved talking about it with them and she loved that they even cared to ask about any of it. She would never have the guts to ask them about their love lives, but that was because Anna had never really experienced that side of her world yet - so everything was uncharted and filled with unfamiliar concepts and perceptions.

"What did you guys do?" Izzy asked.

"We had our first date." Anna

"Stop! NO WAY!" Amelia nearly squealed.

Anna giggled as they slowed their pace towards the mall.

"It was sooooo cute." Anna smiled.

"Tell us all about it right now!" Amelia waited to hear the story.

"Well, we kind of have this spot near Dinohenge. It's an old treehouse and we both go there sometimes." Anna said, "He had put together a picnic there and it was covered in flowers and at first I didn't know where he was but then he started singing to me. We sat there for hours and I just listened to him sing."

"That is so cute." Amelia smiled.

"So are you dating now?" Izzy asked.

"No." Anna answered.

Even though they had gone on their first date, Javi has never officially asked Anna to be his girlfriend yet - therefore, they were still in the predating stages and Anna was okay with that. She appreciated the slowness about it because it was all still new to her.

"But, I do want to be his girlfriend." she added.

"You two are literally the cutest," Amelia gushed, "He'd be stupid if he didn't ask you out."

"I don't mind taking things slowly though. I've never dated anyone before, so I'm still pretty nervous about the idea of having a boyfriend." she told them.

"There's nothing wrong with that," Izzy smiled, "I felt the same way before me and my girlfriend Fern started dating."

"Dating's just a little weird," Anna nodded, "Especially for an odd individual like me. My OCD hinders a lot of things."

"I don't think Javi minds that though." Izzy told her.

"I don't think so either." Anna agreed.

The girls strolled through the main entrance of the mall, heading right for the music center that was just on the other side of the mall's food court. There were large crowds spread all across the large building, shopping away to each of their hearts' contents. They were on a mission to get the one item they knew Javi would love for this birthday. They had just enough money combined between all of them to pay for the entire thing. Ollie and Zayto were in charge of getting the decorations and dropped them off at Anna's house while they gathered the gift. They all had important roles for successfully making this party perfect.