(3) Never Noticed

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Anna wasn't expecting to see Izzy's name pop up on her screen as she carefully made her bed, making sure every inch of the top sheet was folded in the exact manner she wanted. She stared at the screen, wondering if she should answer it after what had happened the night before. Why would she be calling after they ditched her?

Anna slid the answer button over and put the call on speakerphone as she continued making her bed.

"Hello?" Anna pulled her comforter to the top, folding the end over and fluffing her pillows at the top.

"Hey," Izzy said, "We are so sorry about last night."

"We?" Anna hesitantly asked.

"All of us... We didn't mean to ditch you last night. Something just came up and we had to go..." she trailed off.

"Could have just told me that," Anna muttered, "Instead of ditching me."

"We should have." Izzy agreed.

Anna was silent on the phone. She didn't know what to say back to the girl. She moved around her room, making sure everything was exactly in its place before she moved to the downstairs area to walk through the rest of her morning.

"Can we make it up to you?" Izzy asked after a couple minutes in the uncomfortable silence.

"How?" Anna wondered.

"We're all going to hang out at Pine Ridge Park. Want to come?" she asked.

She thought about it for a moment, "I'll have to ask."

"Please?" Izzy said.

"Hold on a sec," Anna kept the phone to her ear as she came down to the living room, "Hey, Izzy wants to know if I can come to the park?"

"Sure," Linda nodded "But-"

"I'll meet you guys up there shortly." Anna cut Linda off.

"Cool, see you shortly." Izzy hung the phone up.

"You didn't let me finish," Linda glared, "You have to take Aris with you. I need to run some errands and it would be so much quicker if I didn't have to take him with me."

"Do I have too?" she pouted.

"That is my terms," Linda said, "Take Aris and go or stay home and watch him for an hour. I promise I'll come pick him up as soon as I'm finished."

"But that's so lame." she complained.

"Oh come on Anna. Aris loves going for walks with his big sissy. Don't you?" she looked at the baby who was sitting clueless on the floor playing with a few toys.

"Fine." Anna sighed.

Linda smiled and jumped right up, beginning to get everything ready for Anna to take with her. Anna looked down at her brother, seeing the little smile on his face when they met eyes. With a frown still on her lips, she scooped her brother up and held him on her hip while she walked over to slip her sandals on.

The walk to the park was longer when she brought Aris along. Since the terrain was so rough through her path, it would only make taking the stroller through there difficult. So, the only choice she had was to take the long way around. She wanted to be walking her usual route and taking the other one made her feel anxious. It was out of her routine and it bothered her mentally.

Aris was sitting quietly in his stroller while she pushed him, thinking of all the things the others were either going to say or think about her when they saw her with him.