#.044 ★ side

ment ! chapter #.035

   time of sorrow !

it was a bright sunday morning, it didn't even look as if it was mid february as the sun was up in the sky. it wasn't that warm but not too much cold either, it was a typical fall weather even if the season was winter.

jiseok was all alone at the main gate of the seoul hospital, he felt so small in front of such a big building where everything was running as time was the most precious thing.
a second late could cost someone's life.

he had texted him a couple of minutes before his arrival at the place, at that moment he was waiting for seungmin to come and get him as he didn't want to lose himself in those hallways.

now that he thought about it, seungmin was surely going through a hard time but wasn't showing a hint of sadness, not even when he met him at school to have a quick talk before the break finished.
instead, he always had that smile plastered on his face as if everything was going to be okay.

❝ there you are. ❞ a voice snapped him out of his thoughts, finding the person he was thinking a few seconds before now in front of his eyes.

you might be wondering why jooyeon wasn't there?
well, the poor boy caught a fever and had to retire from this meet up.

obviously, seungmin wasn't angry at all as jooyeon feared of.
it was better if he recovered instead of coming there, he hated when people got sick.

❝ oh, what do you have there? ❞ seungmin asked, noticing something that jiseok was hiding behind his back.
he then showed seungmin what he had, making his jaw almost drop

❝ it's for your mother! ❞ it was a a bouquet of iris, a flower that symboled hope.
hope for seungmin's mother to recover as soon as possible.
hope for him to never give up and to fight everything.
hope for him to not be too hurt, he was a strong boy.

because that was what jiseok hoped for his friend, he hoped he could be happy.

❝ you didn't have to... ❞ jiseok shook his head, signalling the older to not complain and just leave him be.
he did because he wanted to, not because he felt forced.

the two made their way to the third place, room 553 - jiseok made a quick mental note to remember those informations - and entered the room.

it was a double hospital room, everything was white except for the light-blue colored sky that could've be seen through the window.

jiseok was reluctant, he didn't really know if he was able to enter in the room.
it felt so much sad despite the bright colours it had that he himself started feeling sorrow shivering all over his body.

❝ mum! ❞ seungmin explained, earning his mother's attention which before was give to a mode magazine.
she raised her gaze, meeting a new pair of eyes that weren't his sons

❝ min, who's him? ❞ the younger smiled at the nickname she gave his friend and proceeded to bow in sign of respect

❝ nice to meet you, i'm odㅡ seungmin's friend! ❞ he didn't really know how to call him, he said ode was cool but maybe it was a name he usually used on social medias and didn't want it to be leaked in front od his mother

miss oh stared at jiseok in his eyes for some seconds before showing him a bright smile, the same seungmin's had.
in fact, the two were similar.

❝ you could've told me someone was coming, i would have put some make up. ❞ she scolded her son, waving a hand to jiseok who could finally breathe again as he was feeling nervous for no reason apparently

❝ what are you saying! you're always beautiful. ❞ he mumbled, pouting and getting near the bedside table where there was a empty vase, probably it owned to the patient who was in that room before ❝ i didn't catch your name. ❞ his mother than said and jiseok refrained himself from saying a "i didn't throw it."

wasn't the moment and the place to make such jokes

❝ kwak jiseok. ❞ he smiled once again.

❝ mom, he took some flowers. ❞ seungmin informed her, while in the meanwhile he had out some fresh water inside of the vase and put it on the bedside table once again. ❝ ji, you can put it here. ❞

the caller guy made as he was told, the violet colour was a tint of happiness betweent those four walls that held so much sadness in them.

the two relatives started chatting to each other meanwhile jiseok spaced out, staring at seungmin's face.
he was smiling but his eyes couldn't fool anyone.
they were curved in a way that made him look as if he was going to cry at any moment, he probably was but did his best to hold everything in, which caused jiseok to feel pity of him.

yes, seungmin was nothing but pitiful to him.

no, he was also a strong boy and he needed to learn a lot from him.
he wasn't pitiful because his mother wasn't going to die.

after an hour spent there, the two exited the huge hospital together as the older had offered him to walk him at the bus stop.

seungmin was thankful for his friend who had to wake up before midday on a weekend day when he could've just stayed in his warm bed filled with blanket watching videos or sleeping until noon.

he was thankful because he was right there by his side.

❝ we've arrived. ❞ jiseok announced, snapping seungmin out of his thoughts.
he was looking at him with a blank expression ❝ is there something wrong? ❞ he then asked, seungmin wasn't even blinking which scared him

❝ no, it's totally the opposite. ❞ seungmin smiled, a different smile from what he had before, it seemed... sincere

❝ thank you for everything ji. ❞ ah, that damned nickname sounded so soft and cute if it was seungmin who said that.

the boy embraced jiseok in a hug, not leaving any inch of space betweent their chests. jiseok could swear he heard seungmin's breath, he waited a couple of seconds before doing the same thing.

it didn't last long before seungmin pulled away and with a wave of his hand he made his way home ❝ goodbye! ❞
jiseok was left there with so many questions inside of his head.

he was used to skinship but why did his heart beat faster under seungmin's touch?